Hello Guest!  |  Home  |  Search  |  Rules  |  Login  |  Register
click here to close [x]

This is a one-time notification:

Like almost every other website, LUFCTALK.com uses cookies to power some of its essential features and to provide an improved user experience over time.
Please click here to read more about what this means, or leave the site if you do not consent to it.
You are now viewing the first version of the messageboard, which ran from 2008 to July 2013. It is only for browsing purposes and you cannot access your old account here.

To browse, register and log in to the active LUFCTALK forum, please click here. You might have to use the "Forgot password" facility if you haven't accessed your account since the update.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 >>
The blabla of the forum
Jeje-58

Jul 17, 2011 22:36  Trackback URL

Ah ok, a bit like when we say "up" when a topic is getting no answers for a while in France   

Nothing special to say apart from that I drank a lot at a birthday party 2 days ago...     
I had a surprise which was to improvise a choreography on "I Gotta Feeling" and all the others had to dance like me looooool

Go To Top
18longleeds

Jul 17, 2011 22:39  Trackback URL

i just had me sunday 6 aside , scored a right sliding goal, although i did manage to get one over the astro turfs fence   , real 6 aside wednesdays in league West Yorks FC   

Go To Top
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK MODERATOR

Jul 17, 2011 23:23  Trackback URL

Was involved in a dispute tonight on WACCOE, bloody hell Leeds on Leeds. Name calling beyond belief just because you disagree with the thread. Love the sanctuary that we have here....

Go To Top
The Johnson
LUFCTALK MODERATOR

Jul 21, 2011 10:00  Trackback URL

Attention Wise Elders of the Forum. (Or anyone who wants to help out their resident Kiwi )

I'm ending secondary school this year and I was just wondering whether or not it is worth going to University. Did anyone here go to University? Has it worked out well for you? Are the costs too crippling? Any first hand experience whether you went or not would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited by: The Johnson - Jul 21, 2011 10:05.
Go To Top
sheepy

Role

Jul 21, 2011 10:16  Trackback URL

My advise is to go, because when you are older and have dependents, bills, mortgages etc its a lot harder to go to uni or college...

I never went and I regret it, although I was never the academic type, it would have probably benefited me.

Last edited by: sheepy - Jul 21, 2011 10:16.
Go To Top
onenorthernsoul
LUFCTALK Sponsor

Jul 21, 2011 10:16  Trackback URL

The Johnson Trackback URL

Attention Wise Elders of the Forum. (Or anyone who wants to help out their resident Kiwi )

I'm ending secondary school this year and I was just wondering whether or not it is worth going to University. Did anyone here go to University? Has it worked out well for you? Are the costs too crippling? Any first hand experience whether you went or not would be much appreciated.

Thanks

i went to uni, TJ, for two years to study a masters don'tyouknow Thing is, I was nearly 40 when i did it so I'm not much help for you mate, sorry. However, ask yourself the main question - do you want to work and earn money asap or do you want to, theoretically, improve your chances of a better job and pay by studying for a vocation? Make things happen mate, don't let things happen to you. If that sounds odd, what I mean is, DO make a decision, don't just swan along in life if you have chances to make a difference.

Course, it all depends on whether you have a career ambition or not, the trouble is that ambitions don;t seem to matter much in today's economic chaos. Do what you want to do!

Go To Top
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK MODERATOR

Jul 25, 2011 14:27  Trackback URL

5 solid hours I've had to just work   Talk about making having to earn a crust not acceptable. Oh! well delegated a few jobs and now back on the pc   

Go To Top
Jeje-58

Jul 25, 2011 19:09  Trackback URL

Someone to tell me in which season we are ? I'm really wondering with this weather   
I bet it's same in England.

Go To Top
18longleeds

Jul 25, 2011 19:10  Trackback URL

summer its suppose to be i think

Go To Top
Jeje-58

Jul 25, 2011 19:44  Trackback URL

I wouldn't have guess it  
And when you hear that this summer should have been a heat wave...  

Go To Top
dskimcbski

Jul 28, 2011 20:20  Trackback URL

God- I am sooooooooooooooooooo bored- seems like theres been nobody on here all day to talk at?!? Off looking after my kids as have nobody else that doesn't want paid. Its amazing how quickly child-care fees add up when you have three. No Leeds news today anyways apart from Johnson going to Leicester(  ), not a Leeds fan at all IMHO-would've been standing outside Thorpe Arch on the first day of pre-season, wanting to play for us if he was......,don't mind me,its just left a bitter aftertaste in my mouth, can't figure out whether its envy or jealousy(!?!). Crash and Burn Leicester, crash and burnnnnnnnnn......................            

Go To Top
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK MODERATOR

Jul 28, 2011 20:59  Trackback URL

Mate there is nought to talk about at the moment. Look at WACCOE and they can have 1200 users on the forum but no posts been made, unless it's mind numbing crap. We are making no signings as such, are losing out on signings we all hoped we would make and there is a Fun Day on Saturday.

Go To Top
SMorientes

Jul 29, 2011 12:21  Trackback URL

Fell asleep with me laptop on my bed yesterday and woke up when I rolled over and knocked it ont floor. Dozy bugger   . Screen's all smashed up now. Anyone know what sort of price a laptop screen replacement should be? Don't want to get ripped off.

Go To Top
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK MODERATOR

Jul 29, 2011 21:04  Trackback URL

Fridays don't you just love 'em   Anyone else having a tipple

Go To Top
Bogdan

Role

Jul 29, 2011 21:27  Trackback URL

Aye, just on me third glass of Australian chenin blanc, about to sit down and have a browse through the second issue of the summer matchday programme. All too happy to see the end of this week, although weekend will probably go by very quickly.

Got a day out in Scarborough planned for tomorrow. Phil, any souvenirs I should bring back? I think it was you and/or Ramsey that've had some connections with the old town?

Last edited by: Bogdan - Jul 29, 2011 21:29.
Go To Top
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK MODERATOR

Jul 29, 2011 21:33  Trackback URL

I was born in Scarborough    Where is RW these days ? Run off with a nubile lass or summart   

Am now on the Bacardi so be bed calling soon.

Go To Top
Bogdan

Role

Jul 29, 2011 21:37  Trackback URL

RW running off? Don't quite see him as a speeding man.

Did you have youth gangs like North Bay vs South Bay or ought like that in Scarborough then? Great little town, will be my second visit there. Top of the ridge at the castle, looking out to sea, fine serene place that is.

Go To Top
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK MODERATOR

Jul 30, 2011 20:32  Trackback URL

How was Scarborough Bogdan ?

Looks like I am drinking alone tonight. Just finished packing for me holiday so a few drinks will set me up nicely.

Last edited by: NottinghamWhite - Jul 30, 2011 20:37.
Go To Top
Bogdan

Role

Jul 31, 2011 10:21  Trackback URL

It was great, mate, good walk out and about, had a nice meal and we were even blessed with some proper sunshine in the afternoon. Very nice day out.   

Go To Top
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK MODERATOR

Jul 31, 2011 11:14  Trackback URL

Excellent pleased you had a good 'un. I'll be off line from midday how can I get my predictions in of a 2-1 win at Saints a 4-0 win over Bradford and 1-1 v Boro ?

Go To Top

1 Guest(s), 0 Member(s) Viewing This Topic:

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 >>
Football badges shop