Hello Guest!  |  Home  |  Search  |  Rules  |  Login  |  Register
click here to close [x]

This is a one-time notification:

Like almost every other website, LUFCTALK.com uses cookies to power some of its essential features and to provide an improved user experience over time.
Please click here to read more about what this means, or leave the site if you do not consent to it.
You are now viewing the first version of the messageboard, which ran from 2008 to July 2013. It is only for browsing purposes and you cannot access your old account here.

To browse, register and log in to the active LUFCTALK forum, please click here. You might have to use the "Forgot password" facility if you haven't accessed your account since the update.
Page: << 3 4 5 6 7 >>
The blabla of the forum
Bogdan

Role

Aug 22, 2011 21:55  Trackback URL

NottinghamWhite Trackback URL

Tough luck Mate although Lincoln ain't too bad but for 90 minutes hardly seems worth it. I did an 8 hour course last Friday, me with the retention span of a gnat on an 8 hour bloody course.

Congratulations on your 1000th post

You never congratulated me on my posting milestones.   

Decent place Lincoln, you say? I'd been looking at it for a low budget day out to fill my dull weekends.

Go To Top
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK MODERATOR

Aug 22, 2011 21:58  Trackback URL

bogdan Trackback URL

Yes but +15 has posted 1000 quality posts   

Go To Top
Bogdan

Role

Aug 22, 2011 22:01  Trackback URL

Oooh, that hurt.

Go To Top
+15
LUFCTALK MODERATOR

Aug 22, 2011 22:13  Trackback URL

Go To Top
18longleeds

Aug 22, 2011 22:15  Trackback URL

think hes had one too many   

Go To Top
Stockport White

Aug 22, 2011 23:18  Trackback URL

bogdan Trackback URL

Tough luck Mate although Lincoln ain't too bad but for 90 minutes hardly seems worth it. I did an 8 hour course last Friday, me with the retention span of a gnat on an 8 hour bloody course.

Congratulations on your 1000th post

Decent place Lincoln, you say? I'd been looking at it for a low budget day out to fill my dull weekends.

Lincoln is so boring it's twinned with itself.

Avoid it like the plague.

Go To Top
Bogdan

Role

Aug 23, 2011 00:49  Trackback URL

That sounds bad. Okay then, will have to use my backup option then. Castleford, here I come!

Go To Top
Jeje-58

Aug 23, 2011 12:30  Trackback URL

PockWhite Trackback URL

Have you been building sand castles today then?   

You see, even when I was about 10 it was not my thing to build sand castles, so now I'm 18... lol   

Back to Bordeaux and tomorrow I take the train to come back home.

Saturday I went to Bordeaux-Auxerre (what a chance the game was at this time of the season, exactly when I was in the region), I quite liked their stadium but the outside needs to be restored, which won't happen as a new stadium will be built for the 2016 Euro.

Go To Top
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK MODERATOR

Aug 23, 2011 12:45  Trackback URL

I'll never win, have been off the last couple of days so I said to our lass lets go out for lunch. This was yesterday and she said no I'll pop to Sainsbury's and get something. This morning she's sat there a face as long as Flamborough Head and I say whats the matter. Her answer I'm bored we never seem to go out these days   

Go To Top
Bogdan

Role

Aug 23, 2011 13:06  Trackback URL

I'll never win

Were you still holding out hope? I'm clueless about these things but that's one lesson I learnt early on.

Go To Top
PockWhite

Aug 24, 2011 07:10  Trackback URL

I'll never win, have been off the last couple of days so I said to our lass lets go out for lunch. This was yesterday and she said no I'll pop to Sainsbury's and get something. This morning she's sat there a face as long as Flamborough Head and I say whats the matter. Her answer I'm bored we never seem to go out these days  

Haven't you just popped out, recently, to the middle of the Kalahari desert?   

Go To Top
Jeje-58

Sep 04, 2011 21:10  Trackback URL

School starts again tomorrow...not for me ! Still one week  

Go To Top
Bogdan

Role

Sep 06, 2011 19:48  Trackback URL

Howard Webb officiating at Romania vs France this evening. Our last chance of getting back in contention for a qualifying spot and a big day as it's the inauguration of the first new stadium in Romania for probably 20 years. 15 minutes in, we're doing alright.

Go To Top
Jeje-58

Sep 06, 2011 21:54  Trackback URL

I laughed when I saw Howard Webb and Evra having a laugh while coming back from the dressing room before the 2nd half-time!

This game was awful and the pitch more looked like a battlefield than a grass, I have never seen such a poor pitch before, it was even a bit dangerous for the players.
Frustration...

Last edited by: Jeje-58 - Sep 06, 2011 21:55.
Go To Top
Bogdan

Role

Sep 06, 2011 22:01  Trackback URL

Jeje-58 Trackback URL

I laughed when I saw Howard Webb and Evra having a laugh while coming back from the dressing room before the 2nd half-time!

This game was awful and the pitch more looked like a battlefield than a grass, I have never seen such a poor pitch before, it was even a bit dangerous for the players.
Frustration...

Frustration for what?   France was rubbish to be honest. We weren't much better but we were better.

Pitch was bad yeah, but like I said, new stadium, new pitch, we're not great at building new stuff for football.

Go To Top
Jeje-58

Sep 06, 2011 22:14  Trackback URL

Frustration because it could have been a good match if there was a goot pitch and maybe we would have win (maybe you would as well), we would at least have seen something "seeable".

I don't think you were better, both teams weren't great.
And why the hell did we always play corners this way ??! EVERY TIME we lost the ball doing that, although we have Rami, Rémy, Abidal, etc.. who are good headers (?). They are complete idiots.

Your right winger Nicolita is good, looking forward to watch him playing at Saint-Etienne with - I hope so - Gradel on the other side !

Go To Top
Jeje-58

Sep 11, 2011 21:40  Trackback URL

Studies begin tomorrow for me, a new life with new people...
And the end of 2 months and a half of holidays   

Go To Top
Bogdan

Role

Sep 17, 2011 11:28  Trackback URL

We've talked religion, let's continue the series of unanimous opinions by delving into modern art.

A notorious sculpture described by many as a "pile of bricks" is featuring at Huddersfield Art Gallery.

The Tate Gallery's purchase of Carl Andre's Equivalent VIII caused a storm in 1976, with critics asking why public money had been spent on the artwork.

It will be displayed alongside works from other artists and sculptors such as Henry Moore and Sarah Staton.

The Fields of Contention exhibition will run for eight weeks.

Councillor Jean Calvert, lead cabinet member for health, wellbeing and communities, said: "This sculpture is well known for the huge stir it caused back in the 70s and because of that, people still flock to see what all the fuss was about.

"That we're able to have it on display here in Huddersfield is a great accolade for the town and I hope as many of our residents as possible take the opportunity to come and have a look for themselves."

Go To Top
sheepy

Role

Sep 17, 2011 11:45  Trackback URL

bogdan Trackback URL

We've talked religion, let's continue the series of unanimous opinions by delving into modern art.

A notorious sculpture described by many as a "pile of bricks" is featuring at Huddersfield Art Gallery.

Can we refrain from using swear words please....

and that 'art' is just as impressive as their 'football' team...

Go To Top
Stockport White

Sep 17, 2011 11:51  Trackback URL

bogdan Trackback URL

The Tate Gallery's purchase of Carl Andre's Equivalent VIII caused a storm in 1976, with critics asking why public money had been spent on the artwork.

It will be displayed alongside works from other artists and sculptors such as Henry Moore and Sarah Staton.

The Fields of Contention exhibition will run for eight weeks.

Councillor Jean Calvert, lead cabinet member for health, wellbeing and communities, said: "This sculpture is well known for the huge stir it caused back in the 70s and because of that, people still flock to see what all the fuss was about.

"That we're able to have it on display here in Huddersfield is a great accolade for the town and I hope as many of our residents as possible take the opportunity to come and have a look for themselves."

It's art if you say it is.

Now, most people would say it's just a pile of bricks but we get this sort of thing every few years such as a single urinal or an unmade bed and the art world goes mad claiming these are the works of genius.

The best however was a few years ago when an 'installation' (as artists call it) was left overnight in a gallery only for a cleaner to bin it because she really did think it was a pile of rubbish.

Bates (and modern art) Out

Go To Top

1 Guest(s), 0 Member(s) Viewing This Topic:

Page: << 3 4 5 6 7 >>
Football badges shop