Hello Guest!  |  Home  |  Search  |  Rules  |  Login  |  Register
click here to close [x]

This is a one-time notification:

Like almost every other website, LUFCTALK.com uses cookies to power some of its essential features and to provide an improved user experience over time.
Please click here to read more about what this means, or leave the site if you do not consent to it.
You are now viewing the first version of the messageboard, which ran from 2008 to July 2013. It is only for browsing purposes and you cannot access your old account here.

To browse, register and log in to the active LUFCTALK forum, please click here. You might have to use the "Forgot password" facility if you haven't accessed your account since the update.
Page: 1 2
Travelling
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK MODERATOR

Jul 13, 2012 16:09  Trackback URL

One of my passions in life is travelling, have visited loads of places around the world and have done 6 continents, one to go and will fulfill that ambition next February. Share your experiences or tell us where is your dream location.

Anything has to be better than stressing over the Take Over   

Go To Top
sheepy

Role

Jul 13, 2012 16:22  Trackback URL

I don't have grand plans, I like the simple life and nothing would be better for me than a house or apartment that over looks the beach at Filey:

There are some beautiful places in this world and gods own county is definitely one of them   

Last edited by: sheepy - Jul 13, 2012 16:22.
Go To Top
birkybullufc

Jul 13, 2012 17:54  Trackback URL

I love travelling too NW. Been to 5 continents so far. Just Africa and Antarctica to go. Spent 3 months travelling around N. America when I was 23. Daunting going on my own but one of the best things I ever did. Most expensive trip was to Jamaica where I met my wife and am still paying for it now.    We bought some land out there and have plans to build a house. Last holiday was to Bolivia which was very nice.

Go To Top
onenorthernsoul
LUFCTALK Sponsor

Jul 13, 2012 18:04  Trackback URL

I've not thought about the continents I've visited before, but I've been to Europe obviously, S America (Bolivia, Peru and Chile - for a day ) and North America a few times. Suppose my 'biggest' trip was to Bolivia which I really enjoyed, and Macchu Piccu and a few other place names in Peru which I've forgotten.

Would fancy Argentina, Cuba and Canada if I could, plus India, but my girlfriend needs comfort and preferably good warm weather. to be fair, my days of roughing it, even camping at festivals, are long gone and I'm only 47

Go To Top
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK MODERATOR

Jul 13, 2012 18:13  Trackback URL

birkybullufc Trackback URL

I love travelling too NW. Been to 5 continents so far. Just Africa and Antarctica to go.

Have done Africa a few times Mozambique, South Africa, Swaziland, Gambia,Kenya, Ethiopia and Zululand. Antarctica is my next big trip, my retirement present to myself, taking early retirement by the way   

Favourite places are Nepal, Tobago and Australia, are looking at our money to see if we can afford a big trip down there.

Last edited by: NottinghamWhite - Jul 14, 2012 07:43.
Go To Top
birkybullufc

Jul 13, 2012 18:16  Trackback URL

NottinghamWhite Trackback URL

I love travelling too NW. Been to 5 continents so far. Just Africa and Antarctica to go.

Have done Africa a few times Mozambique, South Africa, Swaziland, Gambia, Ethiopia and Zululand. Antarctica is my next big trip, my retirement present to myself, taking early retirement by the way   

Favourite places are Nepal, Tobago and Australia, are looking at our money to see if we can afford a big trip down there.

What does the trip to Antarctica entail?

Go To Top
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK MODERATOR

Jul 13, 2012 18:20  Trackback URL

onenorthernsoul Trackback URL

Would fancy Argentina, Cuba and Canada if I could, plus India, but my girlfriend needs comfort and preferably good warm weather. to be fair, my days of roughing it, even camping at festivals, are long gone and I'm only 47

Rob

Cuba is fantastic, not the resorts like Cayo Coco but Havana, once Castro dies not sure what will happen but my favourite city, so vibrant. Done Argentina, Buenos Aries (sp) is a decent city, I remember have the best steaks on the planet there.

India is fine, not exactly roughing it but not 1st class accommodation, but the food is to die for. Try and do Kerala in the south as they love the English there and the scenery is spectacular.

Go To Top
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK MODERATOR

Jul 13, 2012 18:26  Trackback URL

Its a cruise starting off in Buenos Aries (sp) and down to the tip of South America and stopping at Ushuaia, then down to The Falklands, a day on Port Stanley. The next 10 days are touring around Antarctica finishing off in Montevideo in Uruguay. Not a cheap holiday but I deserve it   

Go To Top
birkybullufc

Jul 13, 2012 18:47  Trackback URL

Its a cruise starting off in Buenos Aries (sp) and down to the tip of South America and stopping at Ushuaia, then down to The Falklands, a day on Port Stanley. The next 10 days are touring around Antarctica finishing off in Montevideo in Uruguay. Not a cheap holiday but I deserve it   

I'm sure you do.   
Sounds like a great trip. Counting down the days then.

Go To Top
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK MODERATOR

Jul 13, 2012 18:49  Trackback URL

No but at a guess about 217 days   

Go To Top
birkybullufc

Jul 13, 2012 18:50  Trackback URL

Go To Top
johnh
LUFCTALK Sponsor

Jul 13, 2012 20:10  Trackback URL

Have been to: America, Singapore, Malaya, Thailand, Sri Lanka, India, Pakistan, Bahrain, Mauritius, Cape Town, Dakar, Cyprus, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Austria, Germany. Belgium, Switzerland, France, Ireland, Scotland, Wales. Holidaywise I was thinking of Skegness which can be quite nice on a nice day.  

Go To Top
PockWhite

Jul 13, 2012 20:24  Trackback URL

johnh Trackback URL

Have been to: America, Singapore, Malaya, Thailand, Sri Lanka, India, Pakistan, Bahrain, Mauritius, Cape Town, Dakar, Cyprus, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Austria, Germany. Belgium, Switzerland, France, Ireland, Scotland, Wales. Holidaywise I was thinking of Skegness which can be quite nice on a nice day.

On our local news recently, it was saying that on it's tourist info' website, in an effort to attract more visitors, Skegvegas had been posting pictures of it's rival resorts, which were showing the shall we say, less favourable sides and sights of said rivals!
Rather than expounding it's own virtues!   

Go To Top
AussieEllandRoad

Jul 14, 2012 00:47  Trackback URL

Abroad I've been to parts of the stop over counties of Asia from Australia (Malaysia, Thailand, etc), also been to Florida, and in Europe I've been to Rome down to Sicily.

In Australia, I was rightfully shown the door at age 17 and I've lived in Melbourne, Sydney, Port Macquarie, the Gold Coast (I still own a house there near the beach), Toowoomba, St Lawrence, Middlemount, Dysart, Emerald, Mackay and now Townsville. In terms of travel, that's about 3,500kms (2200 miles) via the coastal route. That's almost the same distance from Leeds to Luhans'ka (the back of the Ukraine).

Didn't live in Tasmania but stayed a month for our honeymoon. The place is amazing. Also, continue to camp in the Daintree Forest north of Townsville as well as camping sites along the Whitsunday and have holidayed at most of the Whitsunday resorts (kid friendly ones only) east of Townsville. Next big trip is Crocodile Resort in the Middle of Australia for the wife's 40th   

Go To Top
Davycc

Location: It\'s Bob Mortimer above if anyone\'s interested!!!
Jul 14, 2012 02:01  Trackback URL

Bet no one but no one has been to Antrim????

Been to N. America, France, Spain, Germany, Finland, Bulgaria, Netherlands, Sweden, Estonia (WOW !!!) Thailand, Australia, Cyprus.

Best place of all was a visit to Ourgate on a sunny day.

Go To Top
CorkWhite

Jul 14, 2012 05:07  Trackback URL

Davycc Trackback URL

Bet no one but no one has been to Antrim????

Been to N. America, France, Spain, Germany, Finland, Bulgaria, Netherlands, Sweden, Estonia (WOW !!!) Thailand, Australia, Cyprus.

Best place of all was a visit to Ourgate on a sunny day.

I have although it was early 90's when in Antrim, nice place   

Been to, every county in Ireland, most of UK long before i ventured elsewhere, france, Belgium, Holland, Turkey, Greece, Qatar, Malaysia, HongKong, and Philippines on many occasions as my mrs is from there so have to keep up appearances with the outlaws  would like to travel to S. America and Eastern Europe in the next 5 years and possibly South Africa or Kenya.

Go To Top
johnh
LUFCTALK Sponsor

Jul 14, 2012 10:16  Trackback URL

Corkwhite

Am planning to visit Cork City in September, my first visit. My two daughters are going with me and we intend to do a bit of genealogy research. Not that we will be able to do much as it is only for a long week-end.

Regards

Johnh

Go To Top
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK MODERATOR

Jul 20, 2012 09:23  Trackback URL

The full itinerary is :-
Day 1 London in flight
Day 2 Buenos Aries
Day 3 Buenos Aries
Day 4 Buenos Aries, sailing that afternoon
Day 5-7 At sea
Day 8 Ushuaia
Day 9 Cape Horn
Day 10 Schollart Channel, Paradise Bay, Gerlache Straight
Day 11 Elephant Island
Day 12 At sea
Day 13 Port Stanley
Day 14 At sea, celebrating my birthday
Day 15 Puerto Madryn
Day 16 At sea
Day 17 Montevideo
Day 18 Buenos Aries - in flight
Day 19 London

Last edited by: NottinghamWhite - Jul 20, 2012 09:24.
Go To Top
The Johnson
LUFCTALK MODERATOR

Jul 20, 2012 09:29  Trackback URL

The full itinerary is :-
Day 1 London in flight
Day 2 Buenos Aries
Day 3 Buenos Aries
Day 4 Buenos Aries, sailing that afternoon
Day 5-7 At sea
Day 8 Ushuaia
Day 9 Cape Horn
Day 10 Schollart Channel, Paradise Bay, Gerlache Straight
Day 11 Elephant Island
Day 12 At sea
Day 13 Port Stanley
Day 14 At sea, celebrating my birthday
Day 15 Puerto Madryn
Day 16 At sea
Day 17 Montevideo
Day 18 Buenos Aries - in flight
Day 19 London

Some of those places are in the same hemisphere that I am     

Go To Top
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK MODERATOR

Jan 07, 2013 15:07  Trackback URL

Just 38 days left to my big trip. Only potential problem is the Argentine government are stopping cruise ships disembarking on The Falklands, this will be a real shame if this part of the holiday is lost.

Go To Top

1 Guest(s), 0 Member(s) Viewing This Topic:

Page: 1 2
Football badges shop