Hello Guest!  |  Home  |  Search  |  Rules  |  Login  |  Register
click here to close [x]

This is a one-time notification:

Like almost every other website, LUFCTALK.com uses cookies to power some of its essential features and to provide an improved user experience over time.
Please click here to read more about what this means, or leave the site if you do not consent to it.
You are now viewing the first version of the messageboard, which ran from 2008 to July 2013. It is only for browsing purposes and you cannot access your old account here.

To browse, register and log in to the active LUFCTALK forum, please click here. You might have to use the "Forgot password" facility if you haven't accessed your account since the update.
Page: 1 2
Travelling
Selby White

Jan 29, 2013 15:14  Trackback URL

Bit of a travel addict myself but so far only been to two continents (Europe & North America), but done lots of places in these parts of the world. So far reckon Chicago is my favorite City to which i've been a few times, but plenty of other nice places out there.

I try to visit at least 5 new places each year so my list is growing all the time. Going to Italy in April (Cilento Coast, south of Naples), been to Italy before but not that part. Later in the year (September) planning to tour around some of Americas National Parks (Mount Rushmore, little big horn, yellowstone, salt lake city, denver, monument valley, bryce canyon, grand canyon, etc), finishing the trip in Vegas where I've been twice before.

Go To Top
mapperleywhite

Jan 29, 2013 17:23  Trackback URL

Lived in Germany, France and Houston TX for a total of eight years. Liked Germany best of all.

Managed to visit 26 of the United States, including a ‘business trip’ to Hawaii. Agree that Chicago is a great city to visit, but enjoyed San Francisco most of all.

Made a trip to visit friends who had a cottage on the west coast of Ireland, flying into Cork. Ballydehob has a population of about 1000 people, yet manages to support 11 pubs!

Been to most cities in northern Italy except Florence. Have an unfulfilled travel dream to visit Cordoba, Seville and Granada in Spain. Know the area around Lisbon quite well as I used to have a girlfriend there; a magnificent place to visit, so much interest and not too expensive.

Spent extensive quality time in Lucerne due to having friends there, joint equal first with Barcelona for my favourite European city.

Been to most parts of Belgium and the Netherlands, mostly for work reasons. Luxembourg is very pretty and spotlessly clean.

Further north and east been to Oslo, Copenhagen, Stockholm and a few other cities in Sweden. Had a holiday in the depths of Finland once near Jyväskylä. Saw Riga and some of the nearby coast in January (brrr). The only place I’ve been to in Poland is superb Krakow, but always for business. Been around in Romania a bit including a stay in the unspoilt forests in the west. Driven extensively in Bulgaria helped by friends in Sofia. Also done Tirana, Albania and Budapest, as well as a few cities in Czech Republic.

Been to Athens a couple of times; what an ugly city! Apart from the antiquities of course. A few places in Turkey too, Istanbul being another favourite location.

At one point had ex-neighbours living in Beijing so we stayed with them a couple of weeks, and saw the Great Wall and the Forbidden City. Last major holiday we took was in Hong Kong; a great travel experience and one of the best hotels I’ve ever stayed in.

Did three business trips to India, first one for three weeks. In all my years travelling half way through was the only time I’ve ever been homesick and asked to fly back. However things looked up and I got to see the Taj Mahal – it really is everything and more that you imagine. And as has been said the food is brilliant!

Used to work for a Canadian company and spent extended time visiting their HQ in Toronto. A hard working and cosmopolitan city with lots of diversity and serious snow in the winter.

Have spent extended time in Colombia for family reasons, mostly in Medellin. This is a city at 1500 metres up in the Andes but only 6 degrees north of the equator, so it has a constant 24 ‘C all year round – very pleasant   Bogota is one of the oddest places as it has 9 million people all living at an altitude over 2500 metres. Favourite places are Cartagena de las Indias (UNESCO heritage site) and San Andres in the Carribean.

But my all time favourite place that I have visited is Cape Town. The city is in a magnificent setting, great climate and the area around it is so diverse and picturesque, with whales coming to feed at times.

Still have some travel dreams: I’d love to visit Japan for the cultural contrast, food and to ride the bullet trains. Likewise I want to visit Montenegro, Morocco, Tel Aviv, Buenos Aires, Malaysia and Thailand. And finally Perth in Australia and my cousin in Auckland.

Favourite spot in the UK? Whitelocks in Leeds   

(just checking to see if you are still awake   )

Go To Top
frank

Jan 30, 2013 13:29  Trackback URL

Also a bit of a travel fanatic myself. Always already planning two trips ahead haha.

Lived in the following places:
Amsterdam, Leiden, Haarlem (NL)
Leeds (UK)
Melbourne (AUS)

Travelled in the following places:
Euro: England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Netherlands, Belgium, France, Spain, Portugal, Denmark, Italy, Germany, Austria, Swiss, Luxembourg, Hungary, Czech, Croatia, Turkey and Greece
Asia: India & Nepal
Australia (Did the 'round')
NZ (Both Islands)
America (New York & Chicago)

Travelplans:
Leeds   (weekend for the Huddersfield game)
Morocco (Last week of April, climbing Mt Toubkal visiting Marakech and chilling at the beach)
Thailand & Cambodja (Honeymoon, end of july   )

Bucketlist:
Iceland
Northern Ireland
Montenegro
South America (Argentina)

Last edited by: frank - Jan 30, 2013 13:44.
Go To Top
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK MODERATOR

Jan 30, 2013 14:07  Trackback URL

frank Trackback URL

South America (Argentina)

Was in Argentina about 10 years ago, spent a few days in Buenos Aries where they serve the best steaks on the planet. Travelled up to the N/E corner to the Tucaman region, visually beautiful as it's on the prolifery of the Andes. Actually saw real life Goucho's which was a real bonus.

Go To Top
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK MODERATOR

Jun 25, 2013 13:43  Trackback URL

Well have now added the following countries to my list of countries visited. Sweden, Holland, Estonia, Finland, Russia, Denmark, Germany and Norway.
Sweden was great and we also visited Gotland a superb island that was a throw back to the 1950's.
Holland, well Amsterdam to be exact was he one place I will be revisiting as we loved the place.
Estonia, we visited Tallinn and found it to be a charming city. Thought it was a bit strange though as again it was like a city hat time had forgot but there was a McDonalds   
Finland, alas it was raining quiet heavily so we didn't see as much of Helsinki as we were planning on. Very friendly people and again a nice city.
Russia, St Pete's as it is known is a incredible city, well worth a visit but you really need a full visa to fully explore it, we didn't. We visited Catherine's Palace which was unbelievable, what it must have cost to build and furnish goodness only knows.
Denmark, we berthed next to the Danish royal yacht, amazing how Denmark can afford one yet we can't. Saw the little mermaid hat was high on my list of things I've always wanted to see.
Germany, it felt strange to be in what was not that long ago East Germany. We were impressed by the beautiful homes and massive fields full of fabulous crops. Had a pint of Radesbere which was very strong but hit all the right spots.
Norway, we were located in Sandefjord where Leeds have played in a friendly game for the last couple of seasons, if we play them again its well worth a visit, albeit a tad on the expensive side.

Some photos to follow when we've sorted them out.

Go To Top
dlw10

Jun 25, 2013 16:57  Trackback URL

NottinghamWhite Trackback URL

Well have now added the following countries to my list of countries visited. Sweden, Holland, Estonia, Finland, Russia, Denmark, Germany and Norway.
Sweden was great and we also visited Gotland a superb island that was a throw back to the 1950's.
Holland, well Amsterdam to be exact was he one place I will be revisiting as we loved the place.
Estonia, we visited Tallinn and found it to be a charming city. Thought it was a bit strange though as again it was like a city hat time had forgot but there was a McDonalds   
Finland, alas it was raining quiet heavily so we didn't see as much of Helsinki as we were planning on. Very friendly people and again a nice city.
Russia, St Pete's as it is known is a incredible city, well worth a visit but you really need a full visa to fully explore it, we didn't. We visited Catherine's Palace which was unbelievable, what it must have cost to build and furnish goodness only knows.
Denmark, we berthed next to the Danish royal yacht, amazing how Denmark can afford one yet we can't. Saw the little mermaid hat was high on my list of things I've always wanted to see.
Germany, it felt strange to be in what was not that long ago East Germany. We were impressed by the beautiful homes and massive fields full of fabulous crops. Had a pint of Radesbere which was very strong but hit all the right spots.
Norway, we were located in Sandefjord where Leeds have played in a friendly game for the last couple of seasons, if we play them again its well worth a visit, albeit a tad on the expensive side.

Some photos to follow when we've sorted them out.

Looking forward to the photos, I may get our Baltic Cruise album out tonight and relive it! Was the sea calm all the way around? It was when we did it but we were told it was very unusual and that it could be quite rough.

Go To Top
Green Boi

Jul 01, 2013 11:51  Trackback URL

There are cool stories, guys! I want to have yours great experience in travelling!
My humble list of the countries I been visit: Spain, Egypt, Israel.

Go To Top

1 Guest(s), 0 Member(s) Viewing This Topic:

Page: 1 2
Football badges shop