Hello Guest!  |  Home  |  Search  |  Rules  |  Login  |  Register
click here to close [x]

This is a one-time notification:

Like almost every other website, LUFCTALK.com uses cookies to power some of its essential features and to provide an improved user experience over time.
Please click here to read more about what this means, or leave the site if you do not consent to it.
You are now viewing the first version of the messageboard, which ran from 2008 to July 2013. It is only for browsing purposes and you cannot access your old account here.

To browse, register and log in to the active LUFCTALK forum, please click here. You might have to use the "Forgot password" facility if you haven't accessed your account since the update.
(split topic)
Page: 1 2 3
Margaret Thatcher
mapperleywhite

Jun 17, 2013 22:47  Trackback URL

Ah yes school milk! Who could forget those third of a pint bottles with the aluminium foil closure. And it wasn't any of your 2% fat nonsense. A layer of cream to get through first.

Cholesterol? Lacto intolerance?

Nah.

Go To Top
dlw10

Jun 17, 2013 23:04  Trackback URL

I am now absolutely livid having read some of the rubbish posted in this thread during the course of the day. I have so far managed to control myself and have tried to remain calm and objective...but now I have been out to dinner and have consumed a few beers and a bottle of Merlot.

So folks, hereit is with absolutely no appology from me for my directness.

Abernathy biscuits are the only ones for me!

Go To Top
mapperleywhite

Jun 17, 2013 23:07  Trackback URL

Thatcher was about conviction politics.

When I was growing up I understood that Labour and Conservatives formulated policies based on political dogma. (Sorry but Lib and certainly UKIP didn't figure back then).

Today Ed Balls tweets about, for example, winter fuel allowance and it becomes a Labour party headline. Farage tweets something unpleasant about immigration and the coalition pays lip service to it.

In my mind Thatcher stuck to her guns, ousted the post-war trade union 'scarcity mentality' and stuck with Reagan to bring down the Berlin wall.

She failed us greatly over Hong Kong. All those entrepreneurs went to Vancouver after 1997 and are making the Canadian economy boom.

Her favourite biscuit? Rich tea, of course....

Go To Top
dlw10

Jun 17, 2013 23:12  Trackback URL

sorry about themultiple posts i am on my phone and ive had a drink! can someone tidy that up for me?

Go To Top
sheepy

Role

Jun 18, 2013 12:16  Trackback URL

Dave, I assume you will be writing another book next season, hows about this for a title:

'Going up and the ongoing saga of the worlds greatest biscuit'...   

Go To Top
Morphoolu

Jun 18, 2013 13:08  Trackback URL

mapperleywhite Trackback URL

Ah yes school milk! Who could forget those third of a pint bottles with the aluminium foil closure. And it wasn't any of your 2% fat nonsense. A layer of cream to get through first.

Cholesterol? Lacto intolerance?

Nah.

Ah yes, I remember this, usually served warm after it had been sitting in the sun for most of the morning so that your gag reflex was already near maximum just from the smell as you raised it to your mouth, never mind actually trying to drink / swallow it!

This comment could be way off topic and I may be chastised by Pecky / Bogdan / both but unlike some you braver forumsters further up the thread I'm not going to be arguing with the ref / officials   

Go To Top
dlw10

Jun 18, 2013 14:26  Trackback URL

sheepy Trackback URL

Dave, I assume you will be writing another book next season, hows about this for a title:

I know I have used some long titles in the past but that one takes the biscuit!

Go To Top
dlw10

Jun 18, 2013 14:27  Trackback URL

sheepy Trackback URL

I know I have used some long titles in the past but that one takes the biscuit!

Go To Top

1 Guest(s), 0 Member(s) Viewing This Topic:

Page: 1 2 3
Football badges shop