Hello Guest!  |  Home  |  Search  |  Rules  |  Login  |  Register
click here to close [x]

This is a one-time notification:

Like almost every other website, LUFCTALK.com uses cookies to power some of its essential features and to provide an improved user experience over time.
Please click here to read more about what this means, or leave the site if you do not consent to it.
You are now viewing the first version of the messageboard, which ran from 2008 to July 2013. It is only for browsing purposes and you cannot access your old account here.

To browse, register and log in to the active LUFCTALK forum, please click here. You might have to use the "Forgot password" facility if you haven't accessed your account since the update.
golf
Blabla
KING_BILLY

Jul 04, 2013 17:50  Trackback URL

golf
hi guys
just thought i would let you know about my achievement yesterday
recently started playing golf again after a 10 year break was playing in a team match for royal gotts park v roundhay at roundhays course the format was match play partners 2v2 on the third hole 187 yard par 3
you've guessed it your own KING BILLY got a hole in 1 i have done most thing in my live but to get a hole in 1 on such a hard hole i thought i would have being buzzing and jumping for joy i just picked the ball up and went to the next tee handshakes all round but the old guy i was playing with was jumping with joy for me i had 8 pars hole in 1 and lost on the last hole
and as the song goes     
that's live !!
p.s. it was my first hole in 1

Go To Top
dlw10

Jul 04, 2013 18:04  Trackback URL

KING_BILLY Trackback URL

hi guys
recently started playing golf again after a 10 year break was playing in a team match for royal gotts park v roundhay at roundhays course the format was match play partners 2v2 on the third hole 187 yard par 3
you've guessed it your own KING BILLY got a hole in 1 i have done most thing in my live but to get a hole in 1 on such a hard hole i thought i would have being buzzing and jumping for joy i just picked the ball up and went to the next tee handshakes all round but the old guy i was playing with was jumping with joy for me i had 8 pars hole in 1 and lost on the last hole
and as the song goes     
that's live !!

Absolutely superb! I partnered a bloke who did it once but I have never achieved it myself. I hope you are insured for the cost of the drinks in the club house!!!!!

Go To Top
johnh
LUFCTALK Sponsor

Jul 04, 2013 18:39  Trackback URL

KING_BILLY Trackback URL

hi guys
and as the song goes     
that's live !!

Well done King Billy.   I have played for 40 years and never had one. Have had several long second shots go in but never a tee shot. 187 yard par 3 - must have been an eight iron.  

Go To Top
Barlow Boy

Jul 04, 2013 18:52  Trackback URL

Well done KING_BILLY.

I don't play golf myself, but one of our clients was hosting a golf day with a car on offer for anyone who knocked in a 'hole-in-one', and asked us to arrange an insurance policy for them to compensate them should anyone achieve the impossible. I don't know all that 'yardage' stuff, but it was described as a 'million to one shot' that anyone would do it.

We duly obliged with the policy, and TWO people ended up doing it on the day. I have no idea how they split up the car, but the insurers were not particularly happy with us as brokers .

Go To Top
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK MODERATOR

Jul 04, 2013 21:00  Trackback URL

Well done George that'll be a beer you owe me then

Go To Top

1 Guest(s), 0 Member(s) Viewing This Topic:

Football badges shop