Hello Guest!  |  Home  |  Search  |  Rules  |  Login  |  Register
click here to close [x]

This is a one-time notification:

Like almost every other website, LUFCTALK.com uses cookies to power some of its essential features and to provide an improved user experience over time.
Please click here to read more about what this means, or leave the site if you do not consent to it.
You are now viewing the first version of the messageboard, which ran from 2008 to July 2013. It is only for browsing purposes and you cannot access your old account here.

To browse, register and log in to the active LUFCTALK forum, please click here. You might have to use the "Forgot password" facility if you haven't accessed your account since the update.
Predictions/Selection/Opinions?
Page: 1 2
The Ashes 2013
johnh
LUFCTALK Sponsor

Jul 15, 2013 15:50  Trackback URL

Shame the match was decided by a DRS review. I think this Aussie side are going to be harder to knock over than we thought. I agree about Steven Finn, Bresnan (or Onions) should come in for the next game. Finn's problem is that he doesn't have enough variation in his bowling. After a few overs the batsmen know exactly what is coming down. He bowls exactly the same to 'tail enders' as he does to opening batsmen, does not seem to be able to 'work out' batsmen in the way Anderson does. Can't wait for the next Test. Cooke should have put Australia in to bat first. He made the same mistakes in NZ. He's a very good player - not yet a very good captain.

Go To Top
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK MODERATOR

Jul 18, 2013 19:54  Trackback URL

1st day of the 2nd test and England are 289-7. We fell apart a bit towards the end but after a dodgy start I can live with that   

Go To Top
Aces

Jul 18, 2013 20:38  Trackback URL

NottinghamWhite Trackback URL

1st day of the 2nd test and England are 289-7. We fell apart a bit towards the end but after a dodgy start I can live with that   

Same here, really happy with that, looking at 300 plus, I don't see the Aussies getting that many. Early days but I think we have edged in front with that dogged display.

Go To Top
USA for Leeds

Jul 19, 2013 02:40  Trackback URL

NottinghamWhite Trackback URL

1st day of the 2nd test and England are 289-7.

Glad y'all enjoy the sport, mate, but I'll be darned if I understood even a bit of that sentence other than the fact that's England are ahead. Beyond that, I'm lost.

Go To Top
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK MODERATOR

Jul 19, 2013 13:07  Trackback URL

So England finished on 361 all out and at lunch Australia are 42-1.

Go To Top
PockWhite

Jul 20, 2013 09:54  Trackback URL

Shame we lost the 3 wickets so cheaply late on.
Why didn't Cook enforce the follow on then?
Only thing I can think is, either the bowlers were tired, or it was to avoid batting 4th on a possibly declining wicket?
Great stuff though! Come on England!

Go To Top
mapperleywhite

Jul 20, 2013 11:47  Trackback URL

Instinctively I'd have made them follow on......rubbing their noses in it.....oh the humiliation etc.

But with a target of, say, 450, which would be out of reach in a 4th innings, the pressure on the Aussie batsmen who have performed abysmally would be too much. With the best part of two days to bowl them out on a deteriorating pitch should be an easy victory.....more humiliating than following on.

Go To Top
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK MODERATOR

Jul 20, 2013 16:17  Trackback URL

Joe Root just scored his 1st Ashes century   

Last edited by: NottinghamWhite - Jul 20, 2013 16:17.
Go To Top
saintjimmy

Jul 20, 2013 18:04  Trackback URL

Glad for Root, think he needed a good score after the first 3 innings he's had  , Bell had another good knock too.

Go To Top
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK MODERATOR

Jul 20, 2013 18:34  Trackback URL

See Joe Root scored 178 not out, hopefully they'll give him a chance tomorrow morning to get his double century.

Go To Top
Mr Russell

Jul 21, 2013 07:40  Trackback URL

Great knock by Root, long may it continue

Go To Top

1 Guest(s), 0 Member(s) Viewing This Topic:

Page: 1 2
Football badges shop