Hello Guest!  |  Home  |  Search  |  Rules  |  Login  |  Register
click here to close [x]

This is a one-time notification:

Like almost every other website, LUFCTALK.com uses cookies to power some of its essential features and to provide an improved user experience over time.
Please click here to read more about what this means, or leave the site if you do not consent to it.
You are now viewing the first version of the messageboard, which ran from 2008 to July 2013. It is only for browsing purposes and you cannot access your old account here.

To browse, register and log in to the active LUFCTALK forum, please click here. You might have to use the "Forgot password" facility if you haven't accessed your account since the update.
LUFCTALK is changing (this weekend)
Bogdan

Role

Jul 18, 2013 22:31  Trackback URL

Dear all,

For a while now, we've thought that the forum needs a fresh platform to run off. The current one has mostly served the purpose very well since day 1, but it's got a few technical drawbacks which make some things a bit difficult to manage for us, the mod team, and more importantly a bit slow to load and use for the regular user.

We've identified a different software that we think should improve this and over the last few months have been working on setting it all up, and giving it an LUFCTALK look and feel that would make the change as seamless as possible. I think we are finally ready to make the switch and think this weekend, Sunday to be more precise, will be a good moment to do it.

Essentially the entire forum will be powered by a different software, so the interface will look quite different. All the standard functionality will be there as with any other forum - log in, log out, create topics, reply, quote, PM users, but the page will look differently, the buttons will be new and everything will load much more quickly and consistently. Bonus: No more disappearing polls! NOW are you excited?! I know I am! You can see a few screenshots of the new look forum below.

Because it is a brand new system, it will be linked to a brand new database - this means that we won't be able to keep all the content of the database we currently run on. I have imported all the users to the new system (and will update this before it goes live), but the passwords are encrypted so cannot be recreated (not in this case anyway). In other words, your account and username will already be set up in the new forum, but you will just have to request a new password for it, to be able to log in.

If you visit the forum on Sunday, you will probably see a blank page for a while, as all the technical bits and bobs are put into place, but once the transition is made, the new forum will be found at the same link: http://www.lufctalk.com/forums. The first time you visit, click on Login (top right), then "I forgot my password" (under the login boxes). You'll need to enter your username and email address, and you will be sent an email with a temporary password and a link that you need to click to activate it. I know it's a bit convoluted, but it's as simple as we can make it. Also, it's possible that the email might land in the Spam or Junk folder of your account, so make sure to check there as well.

If you can't remember your username or email (you will need both), let us know with an email to info@lufctalk.com and Sheepy or I will be able to reset your password and send it to you.

We won't be able to import any of the old topics and posts from the current forum, so the new place will look a bit deserted initially. All the sections are already configured, for LUFC discussions, video clips, off-topic, etc., but we will just start with a clean slate for the new season. The current forum will be kept at a separate address and still be browseable as an archive, but you won't be able to log in here anymore.

If any of this seems confusing, there will be a few notices around the new site to welcome you on Sunday. In the meantime, or thereafter, get in touch directly via info@lufctalk.com and Sheepy or I will answer any queries or help you navigate the new site if needed. Questions are welcome as a reply to this topic as well until then.

A few screenshots

Go To Top
dskimcbski

Jul 18, 2013 22:43  Trackback URL

Super excited         Who needs transfer news when we've a new forum to play on...looks awesome Bogdan. Will your 'posts made' numbers come up still or are we all starting from 0?. (note to self, must post more, must post more) Also it looks like we've new emoticons as well!!!!       

BTW -I'll believe it when I see it Re: Polls not going missing? We'll have to set up a new one when its up and running and see   We need a topic....  

Kudos gentlemen- give yourselves a pat on the back   

Go To Top
SiMamu

Jul 18, 2013 23:09  Trackback URL

So, after getting an e-mail about the password, do we need to contact you to change our password, to something more familiar, or can we do it?

Go To Top
Nic

Jul 18, 2013 23:25  Trackback URL

bogdan Trackback URL

If you can't remember your username or email (you will need both), let us know with an email to info@lufctalk.com and Sheepy or I will be able to reset your password and send it to you.

Or anyone reading this go to your own profile, click on change email address and it should show it there

SiMamu Trackback URL

So, after getting an e-mail about the password, do we need to contact you to change our password, to something more familiar, or can we do it?

should be able to do it yourself. The new forum looks like phpBB based so change it via
User Control Panel » Profile » Edit account settings

Go To Top
Pecky10

Jul 19, 2013 07:47  Trackback URL

Wow! Can't begin to imagine the time and cost that's gone into this so sincere thanks gents    Now we know what happened to Simon's pot

It's funny, I'm gonna miss this place, the old posts and small collection of PMs but with all the changes at ER in the last month, it seems a perfect time for the fresh new start so bring it on

Go To Top
The Johnson
LUFCTALK MODERATOR

Jul 19, 2013 07:52  Trackback URL

SiMamu Trackback URL

No, you can do it on the new site, just as you would here.

Go To Top
Barlow Boy

Jul 19, 2013 07:55  Trackback URL

Oh lordy, I will say bye now as I may not be around for a few days after the new system goes 'live' as it will probably take me a while to log on   . Oh, hang on, Barlow Junior will be here Sunday morning so he will probably get me sorted  .

Failing that, be prepared for a few texts on Sunday morning Pecky as I may need a little help  .

Joking aside, I concur with Pecky in relation to the hard work and cost that must have gone into the new site - the mind boggles for me with all that sort of stuff. I know we have covered this before, but you know where we all are if any assistance/contribution is required to the upkeep of the forum (cost wise that is, I have no chance with the technical stuff)   .

Go To Top
sheepy

Role

Jul 19, 2013 07:57  Trackback URL

dskimcbski Trackback URL

Will your 'posts made' numbers come up still or are we all starting from 0?.

Your post count will continue from here give or take a couple that maybe lost during the transition   

Go To Top
saintjimmy

Jul 19, 2013 08:19  Trackback URL

Sounds great guy's cheers , we will be back in the prem by the time I suss out how to get back on.

Go To Top
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK MODERATOR

Jul 19, 2013 08:24  Trackback URL

Am so excited about the poll option I could rip a tissue.

Excited of Nottingham   

Go To Top
SMorientes

Jul 19, 2013 10:55  Trackback URL

Change makes me nervous   Wish I could see the screenshots to allow me to be a bit more excited but my work computer never loads pictures properly.

Credit to those who've put the work in though and I'm sure we'll all love it.   

I'm not sure we can rule out poll theft while bogdan's still about though   

Go To Top
Davycc

Location: It\'s Bob Mortimer above if anyone\'s interested!!!
Jul 19, 2013 13:42  Trackback URL

If we migrate then come back in the new forum is it like "The Fly" will I still be myself or merged with SiMamu* and Pecky10*, oh err

* The views regarding the outcome of any possible merger between the stated members is solely the view of the original poster and does in no way reflect the views of LUFCTALK whether in current or new form.

Go To Top
Davycc

Jul 19, 2013 13:44  Trackback URL

And I would like to add my appreciation for all the work behind the screens we see. (having tinkered, amateurishly with websites I know the work involved)

Go To Top
Jeje-58

Jul 19, 2013 13:49  Trackback URL

Great news I'm looking forward to it.
The forum is gonna look like most of the forums so I'm already used to the interface  
And no doubt it will load much quicker.

Go To Top
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK MODERATOR

Jul 21, 2013 08:12  Trackback URL

Have we decided on a time for the migration ? Just a thought when looking for the email look in your junk box it may just be in there.

Go To Top
Davycc

Jul 21, 2013 09:04  Trackback URL

RamseyWhite Trackback URL

Yes a very disappointing performance yesterday.
Although we had some additions on show this really had very little affect on the way we played & for me it was just like last season.
On a positive note I thought Green was our best player & reminded me so much of Jonathan Douglas at his best when playing that holding role in front of the back four.
Even when Walsall made 7 or 8 changes in the 2nd we still failed to make any significant impact but fortunately this was only a friendly so BM has still some time to sort things out before the season starts.
On to Stevenage on Tuesday & for once this will be a short journey for me.
Good to bump into Bogdan pre match & I hope he managed to get home at a reasonable hour following all those changes in his train journey.

Do we have to wait till Bogdan gets home........... er "Bogdan, Hello!"   

Go To Top
Bogdan

Role

Jul 21, 2013 09:53  Trackback URL

Davycc Trackback URL

Do we have to wait till Bogdan gets home........... er "Bogdan, Hello!"   

Be careful what you wish for.

Go To Top

1 Guest(s), 0 Member(s) Viewing This Topic:

Football badges shop