Hello Guest!  |  Home  |  Search  |  Rules  |  Login  |  Register
click here to close [x]

This is a one-time notification:

Like almost every other website, LUFCTALK.com uses cookies to power some of its essential features and to provide an improved user experience over time.
Please click here to read more about what this means, or leave the site if you do not consent to it.
You are now viewing the first version of the messageboard, which ran from 2008 to July 2013. It is only for browsing purposes and you cannot access your old account here.

To browse, register and log in to the active LUFCTALK forum, please click here. You might have to use the "Forgot password" facility if you haven't accessed your account since the update.
Mel Smith

Jul 20, 2013 14:53  Trackback URL

Mel Smith has died aged just 60. Made in name in Alas Smith and Jones and Not The Nine O Clock News. Very funny man.

Go To Top
Malcolm Stark

Jul 20, 2013 14:58  Trackback URL

Terrible news, really terrible.

We should do a wall of old NTNOCNews clips as a tribute.

Crikey, he did some rubbish (Morons from Outer Space, for a top example), but he's left a body of work that stands up there with the very best of all-time comedy.

Go To Top

Jul 20, 2013 18:00  Trackback URL

Shocking. An icon of the 80's.

RIP Mel   

Go To Top

Jul 20, 2013 18:44  Trackback URL

Shame that, I saw it on sky news earlier, he was really funny.

Go To Top

Jul 20, 2013 23:10  Trackback URL

Mel Smith was a year ahead of me at school. My memory is of him performing at a school concert with another pupil bashing on a kettle drum with a load of bolts, washers and nuts on it, along with other assorted percussion instruments and producing an enjoyable rhythmic sound. What particularly sticks in my mind is that he would rush over to a music stand and turn over what appeared to be a piece of sheet music from time to time. But from where I was sitting (I'd been on stage earlier myself   ) it could be seen it was a blank sheet of paper!

So, for me, all the elements were there: the creativity, the originality, the humour - all delivered with what was to become his trademark deadpan expression.

As I recall an agreeable guy who never got into playground scuffles   

Go To Top
Mr Russell

Jul 21, 2013 07:38  Trackback URL

Very sad indeed, RIP
His sketch with Jones when they were playing beer darts is a classic

Go To Top

Jul 21, 2013 09:05  Trackback URL

Funny man

Go To Top
1 Guest(s), 0 Member(s) Viewing This Topic:
Football badges shop