Hillsborough verdict

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Deleted User 728

Hillsborough verdict

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Finally.

Justice has been done.

May the families now finally get some closure.

It was tense listening to the radio and reading the individual answers from the jury online, "live" as it were ..
I'm just glad it's over.
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Hillsborough verdict

Post by Sheepy »

I was watching this on the news and the footage from that horrendous day and I remembered I was at the Leeds game that day. I was a kid...

That hit me how long its took, I was a kid, like 13 and its took until now and I've just turned 41. Frankly nobody should wait that long to get justice but at least they had the strength to keep fighting.

And as a side issue, the fact that The Sun printed nothing about it is just as bad as the day they printed their lies...
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

The Sun newspaper was summed up in an episode of Porridge. Godber is going outside the prison for some reason and asks Fletch does he want anything bringing in. Fletch says 'get me some snout and the Sun, oh, and get me something to read too'.
I once played against Don Revie.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

I can remember watching the the whole thing unfold and then sadly go out of the news. then a few months later started seeing the criticism of the police really coming out. I at the time dismissed this, I KNEW it couldn't be a Police forces fault.

I really believe those that wee in charge need to face the consequences. I do however feel for the those South Yorkshire Police Officer's of that time who had no say and who are most probably scarred by this and feel ashamed.

I applaud the families and friends of those supporters who lost loved ones.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders