The Cricket Thread

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Looking forward to tomorrow, some decent weather is on the way here to The Costa del Nottingham 8-)

Need to get Patel out early he looks a real decent player. Looks a good all rounder as Sunday he was good in the field & his spin wasn't too shabby. Still think we will get our 1st win tomorrow but it won't be easy.
Winner of the Europa League
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Woken up to beautiful blue skies here this morning. Thought I'd treat missen at The TBI at lunchtime :D Next port of call Headingley next Monday for the visit of them cockakness :evil:
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

What a good finish to the game, at least we have made a decent fist of it.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Deleted User 2747

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

How are Yorkshire starting off the season? Be grateful for a brief up date!

Have been too extra busy to check - another full-time teaching post - barely time to scratch me nose at the moment! :crazy:
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Right off to a decent start for me grounds I've been to so far are.

Headingley
Edgbaston
Trent Bridge

As I'm hoping to get to a game most weeks it'll be interesting how many I can notch up come seasons end. I've got to say that Trent Bridge is the best so far but has the smallest members bar. The " long" bars at Headingley & Edgbaston are large & have lots on offer food wise. I popped into the members bar yesterday at TB & noticed that the day's special was turkey sandwiches :roll: Yesterday I decided to go into the famous Trent Bridge Inn for a bite to eat. It's been tarted up since my last visit there & is now a Weatherspoons, not my favourite brand I must admit.

Frankie, Yorkshire have played 3 & drawn 3 twas a brave move yesterday to go for a win & we very nearly came unstuck. I still maintain that we will make it 3 in a row. Clearly a lot of folk went over the last 4 days to see Joe Root in action but apart from a decent 27 runs in half an hour yesterday & 3 catches over the 2 innings he was a little anonymous & was out shadowed by Alex Lees who notched up 199 runs over his 2 innings.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Played 3 drawn 3 - its like supporting Leeds United. :D
I once played against Don Revie.
Deleted User 2747

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

Thanks for the update! We've got to make it three in a row! :shh: :thumbup: :thumbup:
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

As Yorkshire look for their first win of the season they keep the same 13 man squad that was at Trent Bridge for their game against them Cockerknees aka Surrey. I'm going to Headingley on Monday & am hoping to see a bit more of Joe Root & also the 2 Curran brothers for Surrey.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Joe Root signs new contract at Yorkshire until 2019

The Yorkshire County Cricket Club is delighted to announce that England batsman Joe Root has signed a new contract extension, which will keep him at Headingley until at least December 2019.

The 25-year-old, regarded as one of the best top-order batsmen in the world, is set to play his final Specsavers County Championship match with Yorkshire on Sunday against Surrey before joining up with the England squad ahead of the Investec First Test at Headingley against Sri Lanka starting on Thursday May 19.

“I’m delighted to be committing my future to Yorkshire,” said Root,

“Even though I don’t play as much as I would like for Yorkshire these days due to my international commitments, I still get a huge buzz wearing the white rose on my cap and representing my county. I couldn’t see myself playing cricket for any other county.

“Yorkshire have given me a great education and foundation as a cricketer and without the support of the players and coaches at Headingley I wouldn’t be in the position I’m in today with England.

“The Club have a huge summer ahead looking to be crowned County Champions for a third successive year and I wish the lads every success in the world in trying to achieve their dreams. It would be a monumental effort.”

Yorkshire’s Director of Cricket, Martyn Moxon is delighted that the Sheffield Collegiate product has committed his long-term future to the Club.

“I’m delighted that Joe has signed an extension,” added Moxon.

“He has made tremendous strides over the past few years on the international scene and is now up there amongst best players in the world.

“Even though we don’t see him representing Yorkshire that often, when he does play he brings experience, energy and skill to the side. We saw that only this week at Trent Bridge in our match against Notts. I hope he can sign off with us with a big performance against Surrey at Headingley on Sunday.

“He is maturing into a world-class player and I am sure he will continue to achieve everything he wants starting this summer for England against Sri Lanka and Pakistan. We’ll all be watching on hoping he and the other Yorkshire lads succeed.”
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Great news about Root, just a shame he wont get to play that often with his England career.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.