Brexit - Yes or No? - Poll added

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC

Simple question should we stay in the EU or opt out ?

Poll ended at 26 Mar 2016, 18:48

IN
50%
OUT
50%

Total votes: 12

Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Re: Brexit - Yes or No? - Poll added

Post by Sniffer »

SiMamu wrote:
Davycc wrote:
SiMamu wrote:
johnh wrote:
White Knight wrote:A comment from a young Briton to an article in today's Times;

“The younger generation has lost the right to live and work in 27 other countries. We will never know the full extent of lost opportunities, friendships, marriages and experiences we will be denied. Freedom of movement was taken away by our parents, uncles and grandparents in a parting blow to a generation that was already drowning in the debts of its predecessors.”
Not sure what this is all about. Sounds like self pity to me. As a grandparent I can tell you that there was no opportunity for us to work in 27 other countries either, though you could emigrate to Australia. We just got on and grafted a living. Also, my grandchildren wont drown in my debts because when I depart this mortal coil they will be a site better off than I was at their age. There is no secret, you just work hard.
Forget about working abroad - what if your grandchild's 'the one' lives in another EU country they won't be allowed into now? Now they may never meet and they'll be forced to settle for someone who isn't truly right for them but is British. You might've just denied your grandchildren true love, and instead curse to them to a life of dissatisfaction in marriage.

I'd just like to clarify this is largely meant satirically
Si as much as I like your example and as much as I'm with you on wishing to have remained I can't quite agree with it. i see what your saying but I believe you find love in what ever circumstance your in, and not "forced" into being with someone because you would be "unaware" of someone there might have been.
To be honest, I agree with you, but I saw the opening for satire and took it.
If you've got to travel the world to find "the one" you're being far too picky. ;)
daib0
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by daib0 »

The England football team didn't vote in the EU Referendum. They couldn't even find the box, nevermind put a cross in it.
A friendly Reading FC fan! He is a moderator here: http://www.extremefootballforum.com/forum
Tourist
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by Tourist »

daib0 wrote:The England football team didn't vote in the EU Referendum. They couldn't even find the box, nevermind put a cross in it.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Deleted User 3150

Post by Deleted User 3150 »

johnh wrote:It didn't do the 'remain' campaign any favours when they rolled out Tony Blair and John Major to boost their case. I reckon that cost them a few million votes. Probably the two most disastrous PM's since WW2. Oops! forgot about Gordon Brown. :D
You also forgot Margaret Thatcher who goes to the top of the list
daib0

Post by daib0 »

I sincerely don't understand this - the issue has been on the agenda for over two years, surely we knew what we were voting for first time round? It wasn't just a forum game for fun. And I say that as someone living in the EU (Spain) so egoistically would suit me ...

Now past a million ...

and if it went ahead and we didn't leave then all Europe would be laughing at us for ever and a day ...
A friendly Reading FC fan! He is a moderator here: http://www.extremefootballforum.com/forum
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

daib0 wrote:
I sincerely don't understand this - the issue has been on the agenda for over two years, surely we knew what we were voting for first time round? It wasn't just a forum game for fun. And I say that as someone living in the EU (Spain) so egoistically would suit me ...

Now past a million ...

and if it went ahead and we didn't leave then all Europe would be laughing at us for ever and a day ...

I think a lot of people will be signing in it in the hope of being able to change their minds in the event of a second referendum.
That NHS promise immediately refuted the morning after by Farage was a massive factor IMHO - now people know it was a lie, they want to remain in the EU.

I'm pretty sure that and the immigration issue were the two deal-breakers for most people who voted for a Brexit.
Most of the latter types obviously won't change their minds, but I know plenty of people - a lot working for the NHS itself - who voted out in the hope of better funding.
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Mellor »

whiteinfrance wrote:
johnh wrote:It didn't do the 'remain' campaign any favours when they rolled out Tony Blair and John Major to boost their case. I reckon that cost them a few million votes. Probably the two most disastrous PM's since WW2. Oops! forgot about Gordon Brown. :D
You also forgot Margaret Thatcher who goes to the top of the list
Margaret was top before Cameron who has presided over a 'smiling'/subversive version of Thatcherism and in the end couldn't even set his own exam question.
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
daib0

Post by daib0 »

rigger wrote:
daib0 wrote:

Now past a million ...

I think a lot of people will be signing in it in the hope of being able to change their minds in the event of a second referendum.
That NHS promise immediately refuted the morning after by Farage was a massive factor IMHO - now people know it was a lie, they want to remain in the EU.

I'm pretty sure that and the immigration issue were the two deal-breakers for most people who voted for a Brexit.
Most of the latter types obviously won't change their minds, but I know plenty of people - a lot working for the NHS itself - who voted out in the hope of better funding.
sounds like it's all getting a bit dirty now, then ...
daib0

Post by daib0 »

I honestly now feel today that David Cameron has b****d this up big time. Not only will the government be blamed with not explaining things efficiently in the past few years, but the break-up of the UK could be well imminent.

Scotland surely will go ahead with independence calls, their pledge to stay in the EU will warm them to all the EU countries ... and quite apart from all that they can pronounce that their 'mentality' is now firmly different that that of England -

not a single zone of Scotland voted to get out, the map below is as obvious as North and South Korea - we really are taking about two 'British' countries in all but the formal ratification of this ..