Brexit - Yes or No? - Poll added

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC

Simple question should we stay in the EU or opt out ?

Poll ended at 26 Mar 2016, 18:48

IN
50%
OUT
50%

Total votes: 12

big jon
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Re: Brexit - Yes or No? - Poll added

Post by big jon »

Davycc wrote:WK the post would take up too much space to quote but "Wales" you had a decent run ....goodbye ... :D
I'm not usually one to gloat but :wave: :wave: :wave: :D
The only piece of decent football Wales played decided the game. Poor game all round. O'Neill's tactics spot on though. So well organised :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

big jon wrote:
Davycc wrote:WK the post would take up too much space to quote but "Wales" you had a decent run ....goodbye ... :D
The only piece of decent football Wales played decided the game. Poor game all round. O'Neill's tactics spot on though. So well organised :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
LOL Jon a very close game decided by a great ball into the box. We dared to dream and will continue to do so. Good luck Wales would love to be put out by the European Champions.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
big jon
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by big jon »

Davycc wrote:
big jon wrote:
LOL Jon a very close game decided by a great ball into the box. We dared to dream and will continue to do so. Good luck Wales would love to be put out by the European Champions.
Cheers Davy, but that's our lot as well. Norn Ire showed how to neutralise Wales just like England did the other night. Now its my turn to dare to dream.
At the end of the day its was fantastic for both teams to get through the group stages. Long may it continue in future tournaments :D
daib0
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by daib0 »

It's going to happen this time. Good luck to the Scots ...
A friendly Reading FC fan! He is a moderator here: http://www.extremefootballforum.com/forum
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Mellor »

She's as bad as Farage/Boris IMO. I expected it but she's a nasty opportunist. Teams pull together for the common good. Just now we need team UK to get their act together IMO. Huge chasm to be filled by a Mandala/Ghandi type leader. Where are the leaders who build their constituency around 'values' not brass/self aggrandisement.

Religious leaders talk a lot of sense (values issues) but no one listens anymore.

Adele and Coldplay headlining Glasto puts the tin hat on it for me :)
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
Deleted User 3150

Post by Deleted User 3150 »

https://petition.parliament.uk/petition ... ODd6BfflVG

If you agree with this, please sign.

I thought it might be a more sensible way of tackling the division in the country and might be worth a Parliamentary debate.
Deleted User 3150

Post by Deleted User 3150 »

I think this is the link

I’ve made a petition – will you sign it?

Click this link to sign the petition:

My petition:

Form a coalition government to guide the country after the Referendum

The Eu referendum has created division within the UK on various levels. Notably between young and old age groups.

Click this link to sign the petition:
White Knight
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by White Knight »

Mellor wrote:She's as bad as Farage/Boris IMO. I expected it but she's a nasty opportunist. Teams pull together for the common good. Just now we need team UK to get their act together IMO. Huge chasm to be filled by a Mandala/Ghandi type leader. Where are the leaders who build their constituency around 'values' not brass/self aggrandisement.

Religious leaders talk a lot of sense (values issues) but no one listens anymore.

Adele and Coldplay headlining Glasto puts the tin hat on it for me :)
The sad fact is that most politicians are opportunists now, but at least she's consistent. She's nowhere as opportunist as Boris and she's not a facist like Farage. Team UK is a mirage. The referendum has shown that. If your political aim is national independence to start with, and you are now being taken out of the EU, a place that your population wants to stay part of, but you'll have to leave because your neighbour wants to leave, what would you do?

What happened to team EU?
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Mellor »

I don't think the referendum has created division, I think it's exposed division which has existed for umpteen years and has been ignored.

I'm a huge Remain fan but successive Govts have neglected the traditional 'engine' of UK success, old fashioned workers.

We may be the 5th biggest economy in the world but that counts for nothing, zero, when you're living on the bread line. The spoils of whatever success the UK may have had are not shared around. Workers are tools to be used to make money for people with money.

Where we are starts with Thatcher, an evil woman in hock to some crazy US economist and a B grade movie star. That's when council house sell offs begun & social housing died, on the back of 'no such thing as society'. Imagine Coleman telling the Welsh squad there's no such thing as 'team Wales'. Thatcher did that and proceeded to trample on all ordinary folk. Blair kept people out of sleeping rough in doorways and backed the NHS but he was a benevolent Thatcher and like her beguiled by the USA. Result, mass migration.

Could go on but you always end up with politicians know best, workers are pawns, when it goes wrong it's not our fault. Do what I say.

Folk didn't though. Cameron clearly so out of touch he didn't realise and wallop. The result could make things worse for those who thought it would improve things.

Me and the Mrs are absolutely gutted by the result. Genuinely can't move on yet. Not for ourselves but for our kids and those less well off. Worse though is the fear of a lurch to the right (Farage was a fascist at school apparently). That, more than jobs/money is the issue for us. Extremism is the enemy, hate is the consequence,
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Think so far she has chosen her words carefully, it's a waiting game with regards to how good the EU will be now the UK has voted out. Scotland need to be careful what they wish for.
That's assuming the EU accept them in the first place, could find themselves totally solo with a weak economy.

I expect a couple of other countries (possibly Holland and even France to eventually follow us)
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.