Tour De France

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Re: Tour De France

Post by Mellor »

Just caught the end of Froome's mountain time trial. Super ride to win the stage and (providing he stays upright through to Paris on Sunday) seal overall victory in the Tour. 3 TdeF victories is very special. Best stage racer of his generation I guess.
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
Mellor

Post by Mellor »

'Providing he stays upright'!

Brave ride by Froome yesterday. Hopefully no lasting damage from his fall. Just needs to stay safe today. If he does Sunday's stage into Paris will be all about the champagne.

Grooming has a fantastic team around him. Stage Race Cycling is like a hive where the worker bees give everything for the success of the Queen. A genuine 'side before self' sport.
attacco decente
White Knight
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by White Knight »

Mellor wrote:'Providing he stays upright'!

Brave ride by Froome yesterday. Hopefully no lasting damage from his fall. Just needs to stay safe today. If he does Sunday's stage into Paris will be all about the champagne.

Grooming has a fantastic team around him. Stage Race Cycling is like a hive where the worker bees give everything for the success of the Queen. A genuine 'side before self' sport.
Totally agree :thumbup:
Yesterday was fantastic example of the best of teamwork. One team member handing over his bike to keep Froome moving and another guy doing the chasing to allow him to slipstream back into a decent finish. Incredible commitment to the team and your team leader.
Mellor

Post by Mellor »

White Knight wrote:

Yesterday was fantastic example of the best of teamwork. One team member handing over his bike to keep Froome moving and another guy doing the chasing to allow him to slipstream back into a decent finish. Incredible commitment to the team and your team leader.
Not sure about predictive text though - how does Froome become grooming :o
attacco decente
White Knight
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by White Knight »

Mellor wrote:
White Knight wrote:

Not sure about predictive text though - how does Froome become grooming :o
:lol: :lol:
I didn't even cop it. Predictive text is always potentially very embarrassing.
Mellor

Post by Mellor »

Champagne's on ice now. Thoroughly deserved 3rd TdeF victory for Froome barring illness.

Tearing down an alpine descent on 23/25 mm tyres in the pouring rain takes real bottle. Cyclists are top sportsmen IMO. Obviously in no way comparable with bridge/darts players though :D
attacco decente
Mellor

Post by Mellor »

Fantastic TdeF for GB - Froome in yellow, Cavendish 4 stage wins, Yates in white for best young rider and an amazing stage win for Steve Cummings.

Congratulations to them all.

Gonna miss it after 3 weeks of amazing action. Roll on Rio.
attacco decente
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Even though I have no interest in Cycling in any way, you still got to admire Froome for this win (his 3rd), great effort :clap:
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Mr Russell wrote:Even though I have no interest in Cycling in any way, you still got to admire Froome for this win (his 3rd), great effort :clap:
I'll echo that Mr R... One of the toughest physical challenges out there, so to win it 3 times is a fantastic achievement. Lets hope the fans now stop throwing body fluids at him and show him the respect he deserves, its no wonder he punched one of them :thumbup:

Lance Armstrong is the only one deserving of a golden shower for so shamelessly bringing the sport into disrepute. 7 years lost in a sport because of one teams crusade.