The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by johnh »

Her indoors is house sitting for my daughter (2 weeks), looking after their cats so I am having to look after myself. Went to the golf club for lunch, baked potato with cheese and beans, accompanied by a pint of London Pride, very nice it was too. Just mowed my lawn, too hot really (88F) so back indoors to a glass of chilled white wine. Don't play golf now and on days when its raining or 88F I don't really miss it. :D
I once played against Don Revie.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

johnh wrote:Her indoors is house sitting for my daughter (2 weeks), looking after their cats so I am having to look after myself. Went to the golf club for lunch, baked potato with cheese and beans, accompanied by a pint of London Pride, very nice it was too. Just mowed my lawn, too hot really (88F) so back indoors to a glass of chilled white wine. Don't play golf now and on days when its raining or 88F I don't really miss it. :D
Too hot ! Yeah rub it in John ... The view from work now!
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by LAsouthcoast »

Its been a scorcher, not a cloud all day, just going to have a cold beer in the garden. :thumbup:
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

LAsouthcoast wrote:Its been a scorcher, not a cloud all day, just going to have a cold beer in the garden. :thumbup:

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :( :( :( :(
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Same here Davy soz. :thumbup:

Going to watch AFC Fylde v Salford City now in the National League North. Both teams are in great form and whoever wins goes top tonight. Salford are owned by that class of 92 red lot so should be fun.

3.3 Entertaining draw, with 2 spectacular goals on the night. Surprisingly good atmosphere in the 1800 record crowd. Favourite chant "You can stick Gary Neville up your Bleep" All in all a good standard of Football with 2 teams who will be battling it out at the top this season.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Davycc wrote:
johnh wrote:Her indoors is house sitting for my daughter (2 weeks), looking after their cats so I am having to look after myself. Went to the golf club for lunch, baked potato with cheese and beans, accompanied by a pint of London Pride, very nice it was too. Just mowed my lawn, too hot really (88F) so back indoors to a glass of chilled white wine. Don't play golf now and on days when its raining or 88F I don't really miss it. :D
Davy, see you had a heatwave yesterday - 22C.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

johnh wrote:
Davycc wrote:
Davy, see you had a heatwave yesterday - 22C.
Yes John, everything closed down, bit like a scene from war of the worlds. Everyone running screaming about an invader in the sky. I was lucky I've read rare local articles about the sun and such what.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by LAsouthcoast »

That has to be one of the hottest weeks work, spent most of it up and down my ladder working on a barn conversion sweating buckets. I certainly felt my age this week.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Big day today. Daughter is back in the UK permanently after 7 years working abroad. 3 in Hong Kong 4 in Singapore. She will be living in London so not far away from us. Her job will entail 3 days in London and 2 in Edinburgh each week, but Edinburgh doesn't count as 'abroad' does it? :D
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

London to Edinburgh it might aswell be Jonhh. Some commute that. :thumbup:

Did anyone else get the Thunder & Lightening in the early hours of Sunday Morning? Nothing better than the room flashing blue, and then the anticipation of the rumble that follows, and boy did it rumble here in Blackpool. My little dog thought it was Armageddon. :D