The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by Selby White »

Went to see a blues/rock group last night called Sari and the Engine Room. Was from New York and currently have a album high up in the American Blues chart.

Was a cracking night and the ears took a good bashing. Singer Sari Schor has a superb voice and really let's you know backed by an excellent band including a crazy guitarist that has worked with Robert Plant on a number of occasions.

Great small venue in Selby town hall.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

She's playing in Winchester this month - I was thinking about going to see her.

Apparently the guitarist played with Robert Plant's band for a while, so there's definitely some pedigree there.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

rigger wrote:She's playing in Winchester this month - I was thinking about going to see her.

Apparently the guitarist played with Robert Plant's band for a while, so there's definitely some pedigree there.
Go for it, She played mostly her own stuff from her album plus a couple of rock versions of Leadbelly songs along with a very good effort at the blues classic stormy Monday, finished with a ear bashing Black Betty.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

BB its a thumbs up from me. :thumbup: Its just knocked Anglesey off top spot in our retirement stroke lottery win place to live. :D

We loved the place, and I have to say Seahouses suited us fine in the end. We were staying next to the St Aidan's Bistro on the fronts and it was great. We were lucky with the weather and I have to mention that stretch of beach from Seahouses to the back of Bamburgh Castle WOW!

Visited all the places we spoke about beforehand so heads up for that thanks. I'm no expert with a camera but it has to be one of the most photogenic places I have ever been to with all the Castles, greenery & beaches which all compliments each other really well.

It's also got to be one of the most dog friendly places in Britain. Another big plus for us, we will defo be taking Ted with us next time. He will think he his in doggy heaven!
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:BB its a thumbs up from me. :thumbup: Its just knocked Anglesey off top spot in our retirement stroke lottery win place to live. :D

We loved the place, and I have to say Seahouses suited us fine in the end. We were staying next to the St Aidan's Bistro on the fronts and it was great. We were lucky with the weather and I have to mention that stretch of beach from Seahouses to the back of Bamburgh Castle WOW!

Visited all the places we spoke about beforehand so heads up for that thanks. I'm no expert with a camera but it has to be one of the most photogenic places I have ever been to with all the Castles, greenery & beaches which all compliments each other really well.

It's also got to be one of the most dog friendly places in Britain. Another big plus for us, we will defo be taking Ted with us next time. He will think he his in doggy heaven!
Chuffed to bits you enjoyed it pal, and a touch relieved my bits and pieces came in handy. As I said, the view of Bamburgh castle from the beach is stunning, even for a non loving castle person like me.

We take our dog everywhere with us, he's even coming to Bristol for our game on Tuesday night (OK, he's not actually going to the game) and as you say it's a fantastic dog friendly place.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Deleted User 3289

How you finding Bristol BB? Beaches ok for dogs? Hope the boys do us proud tomorrow.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:How you finding Bristol BB? Beaches ok for dogs? Hope the boys do us proud tomorrow.
Absolutely fantastic mate, Weston beach is great for the dogs and the pubs seem to allow them in too. The weather has been good, so we have sat outside but good to know you have the option.

We have Mrs B's wine in the fridge, and her pizza ordered for tomorrow while I make my way to Ashton Gate. As you say, would be great to head back up north on Thursday with 3 points, but I'd take 1 now.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Deleted User 3289

Glad the weather has been ok it really does make a trip. :thumbup:

The young lad Tammy Abraham on loan from Chelsea is on fire for Bristol at the minute. Should be a good test to see how our improving all the time back-four do against the lad.

A draw and I'll be happy. A win and we just could be on to something decent this season.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Heading down to Geelong/Melbourne for the long weekend (well it is for those in NSW), going to watch the Aussie Rules grand Final (won't be at the ground, maybe one day, its on my to do list) with people in Geelong (Sadly Geelong my team lost last week), then off to Melbourne for a Leeds United meet up :D - setting off in 10 mins and its only 4.40am in the morning :o only a 12 hr drive to look forward to!
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Deleted User 3289

only a 12 hr drive to look forward to!
Is that even allowed? :D I'm sure the weather will be better than here. :thumbup: