The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Deleted User 728

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by Deleted User 728 »

You reminded me I need to check when mine's due : 12 Nov :(

The polar opposite of finding out your car sails through and it won't cost you any more than the price of the MOT itself is the dread feeling you get when you realise it's either due or late and you can't find the form anywhere :o

I used to hate that : the panicked adrenaline rush coursing through your body as you try to stay calm and think where the hell you put the papers ..

In the end, I went out and bought one of these :

Now, every bit of paper I get goes in there :ugeek:

Only took me 40-odd years to work it out :mrgreen:
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

We have a garage less than a mile away who do mine. They send a reminder every year - the DVLA don't. I have managed to organise my car related issues so they all happen in March. Car Tax renewal, Insurance and MOT. Helps the memory.
I once played against Don Revie.
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

My garage did send me a reminder but it was MOT'd in Forfar last year, so I wasnt driving back up there just for an MOT.

Found a local garage in Heckmondwike and they did it this morning.

Glad I was of help Rigger.

My MOT is October, Road Tax January and Insurance is March easier to budget for than having all three at the same time.
Deleted User 728

It bugs the shyte out of me that the DVLA don't send out reminders .. it's almost like they want to catch people out or something :wtf:

Actually, having said that, I guess I've probably accumulated at least a full year by forgetting to get it done - all totally genuine, too.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

I'm terrible at remembering important dates like MOTs etc but fortunately I don't have a car :D
Deleted User 728

Another Northern Soul wrote:I'm terrible at remembering important dates like MOTs etc but fortunately I don't have a car :D
That's alright then ! :roll: :lol:
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

rigger wrote:It bugs the shyte out of me that the DVLA don't send out reminders .. it's almost like they want to catch people out or something :wtf:

Actually, having said that, I guess I've probably accumulated at least a full year by forgetting to get it done - all totally genuine, too.
We still get reminders here although the Gov run the MOT cemtres not private garages.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Just got a new home for a "difficult" African Grey parrot. Will take months if not years of work to get it back to trusting people but I know it's going to the right person. My day is good.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Davycc wrote:Just got a new home for a "difficult" African Grey parrot. Will take months if not years of work to get it back to trusting people but I know it's going to the right person. My day is good.
Good to hear that kind of news :clap: speaking of parrots, my families one which went missing earlier this year I can say she is back to her old self and happy.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Mr Russell wrote:
Davycc wrote:Just got a new home for a "difficult" African Grey parrot. Will take months if not years of work to get it back to trusting people but I know it's going to the right person. My day is good.
Good to hear that kind of news :clap: speaking of parrots, my families one which went missing earlier this year I can say she is back to her old self and happy.
That's great news, we always seem to focus on the loss for the "human" story but it wll be so good for the wee bird to be back to the people its used to. Happy days.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders