Pet hates

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Deleted User 728

Pet hates

Post by Deleted User 728 »

I thought I'd start a new thread where we can all let off steam and rant about everyday stuff that winds us up .. you know, little annoyances and those things that leave you seething time and time again.

I'll kick off with three phrases that immediately get my blood boiling :

" I'm not being funny, but .. "

and

" I'm not racist or anything, but .. "

As soon as anyone opens a sentence with either of those two, you know they're about to say something offensive.
Similarly, anyone who thinks it's alright to say something they know is controversial but by adding

" ... I'm just sayin' "

at the end of the statement they can justify it.
It's like a teenager saying " Joke ! " after everything to cover their arse.

Another one is crap cyclists.
They give the law-abiding majority a bad name and mean most motorists hate us and treat us with little or no respect.
Last night I saw three people riding through the middle of Southampton about 6.45pm - right in the city centre - and only one of them had lights on their bike.
That's just asking to be killed.
Only that one was wearing a helmet too, but that's another thing .. talk about stupid.

Okay.
Rant over for now .. your turn :mrgreen:
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Pet hates

Post by Davycc »

Dinner plate sized mini roundabouts WTF
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Homebase or B&Q hardware prices, 12 screws = a half pound bag of same screws from the local builders merchants, BUT I need them on a Sunday so I'm "screwed"
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 728

Got one of those roundabouts about fifty yards from my flat, mate - the "hump" type that's s'posed to put you off driving directly over it, but everybody does :D

I know what you mean about Homebase, especially.

Retail prices in general though .. and it's gonna get a lot worse very soon :(
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

I hate going to someone's house and they don't turn the television off. It's like they're saying 'In case your company isn't interesting enough at least I've got the tele to look at'
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
Deleted User 728

Yep.
With you on that.
It's almost as rude as when someone looks at their phone during a conversation.

I just stop talking at that point and wait for them to look at me again .. usually does the trick ;)
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

That used to wind me up when I worked on the retail side, Rigger. If anyone came up to me whilst they were talking on the phone I'd walk off saying "Let me know when you're finished".
Crap Cyclists! Yesterday waiting at some lights 2 cyclists passed me and waited in their box by the lights and 2 others went through the red lights to "merge" with the traffic racing past.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

I'm not being funny but the people who don't clean the dogs crap up after them, or worse still do bag it up then throw it at the side of the road further up the road instead of putting it in the bin. That's not me being racist i'm just saying.
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

I detest greed and the casual acceptance of it in this country. Philip Green would be a topical example. Politicians on salaries - and let's not forget pensions - that 99% of people can only dream of, claiming massive expenses for ridiculous things.

I resolved many years ago never to buy any BT product after they charged me several hundred pounds for services I basically get for free today.

Not going to bore you with Nottingham City Council where greed goes in tandem with a lack of understanding how the real world is functioning in 2016 and the misery it causes the citizens of this fine city.

I was lucky to live in Germany for a few years where my perception was that greed is frowned upon.
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:I'm not being funny but the people who don't clean the dogs crap up after them, or worse still do bag it up then throw it at the side of the road further up the road instead of putting it in the bin. That's not me being racist i'm just saying.
I said to Mrs B, give it 10 posts before someone posts this sort of thing.....
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.