Pet hates

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Deleted User 3289

Re: Pet hates

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

I''ll hold my hands up now and say when I was a kid in our village we used to play Mischief Night every year when I was at school. Any you lot would be the type of people we would of targeted for a chase..... :D

The kids seem more grown up thankfully these days.
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Halloween Night it's just glorified begging. The abuse in the past from parents after not giving their kids what they think is an acceptable amount. Now the blind will be down and we won't answer the door. More Americanised nonsense we could do without.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

It's bollocks, isn't it ??

Which reminds me of another pet hate : FANCY DRESS.

I chuffing hate it.

I don't need to pretend to be someone else to have a personality, thank you very much.

It's so lame .. everyone laughs for the first ten minutes then you spend the rest of the evening too hot, itching under the wig, trying not to smudge your make-up .. it's pathetic.

I refuse point blank to go to any parties with a theme, too.
Deleted User 728

Oh !

Another one : Children In Need.

Actually, TV telethons period.

Why don't the tax-dodging celebs pledge their dosh rather than pleading with us to do so ..

If all the "stars" appearing gave as generously as they want us to, they'd treble the record from last year in about half an hour, meaning we could watch normal telly rather than six hours of tedious pap with newsreaders dancing in formation .. which of course they do in another show now, anyway ..
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

I agree with all of the above Halloween & Children in Need. We once toured Ethiopia in particular the Rift Valley which was stunning especially Arawash Falls. Anyway we spent New Year's Eve in Addis & we all decided to go to the The Raddison for drinks prior to eating. The bar area was packed with Europeans all drink copious amounts of drink, it wasn't cheap & I asked the waiter who all these people were to which he replied aid workers...
Winner of the Europa League
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

ChilwellWhite wrote:Halloween Night it's just glorified begging. The abuse in the past from parents after not giving their kids what they think is an acceptable amount. Now the blind will be down and we won't answer the door. More Americanised nonsense we could do without.
Ah Halloween, the grey squirrel of festivities

...........supplanting the red squirrel of Guy Fawkes
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

rigger wrote:It's bollocks, isn't it ??

Which reminds me of another pet hate : FANCY DRESS.

I chuffing hate it.

I don't need to pretend to be someone else to have a personality, thank you very much.

It's so lame .. everyone laughs for the first ten minutes then you spend the rest of the evening too hot, itching under the wig, trying not to smudge your make-up .. it's pathetic.

I refuse point blank to go to any parties with a theme, too.
People who go to a Fancy Dress party in rugby shirt and jeans, really made an effort.
(Never been to a Fancy Dress party in my life.)
I once played against Don Revie.
Deleted User 728

johnh wrote:
People who go to a Fancy Dress party in rugby shirt and jeans, really made an effort.
(Never been to a Fancy Dress party in my life.)
Anyone who wears a rugby shirt that isn't playing rugby.

Add that to the list.

Good on you, John - you don't know what you've been missing and you don't want to either, believe me ..
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

mapperleywhite wrote:
ChilwellWhite wrote:Halloween Night it's just glorified begging. The abuse in the past from parents after not giving their kids what they think is an acceptable amount. Now the blind will be down and we won't answer the door. More Americanised nonsense we could do without.
Ah Halloween, the grey squirrel of festivities

...........supplanting the red squirrel of Guy Fawkes
Oi ! Halloween is a great night, full of festivities presents etc

Oh and me birthday
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

rigger wrote:Actually, TV telethons period.
"More Americanised nonsense we could do without." ;) :angel: