The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Deleted User 3289

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Davycc wrote:
Mr Russell wrote:
Davycc wrote:Just got a new home for a "difficult" African Grey parrot. Will take months if not years of work to get it back to trusting people but I know it's going to the right person. My day is good.
Good to hear that kind of news :clap: speaking of parrots, my families one which went missing earlier this year I can say she is back to her old self and happy.
That's great news, we always seem to focus on the loss for the "human" story but it wll be so good for the wee bird to be back to the people its used to. Happy days.
Great to hear both birds are back in safe hands. Neglect & Abuse of animals has no place in my kind of world.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:
Davycc wrote:
Mr Russell wrote:
Davycc wrote:Just got a new home for a "difficult" African Grey parrot. Will take months if not years of work to get it back to trusting people but I know it's going to the right person. My day is good.
Good to hear that kind of news :clap: speaking of parrots, my families one which went missing earlier this year I can say she is back to her old self and happy.
That's great news, we always seem to focus on the loss for the "human" story but it wll be so good for the wee bird to be back to the people its used to. Happy days.
Great to hear both birds are back in safe hands. Neglect & Abuse of animals has no place in my kind of world.
100% agree!

One of the really great things about living in Australia is the bird life and all the different colours/creeds you see. Every morning we wake up to hundreds of Lorikeets making lots of noise, its like our own personal alarm clock :lol:
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
White Knight
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by White Knight »

Mr Russell wrote:
Davycc wrote:
Mr Russell wrote:
100% agree!

One of the really great things about living in Australia is the bird life and all the different colours/creeds you see. Every morning we wake up to hundreds of Lorikeets making lots of noise, its like our own personal alarm clock :lol:
I am always interested in birds as well. Living in the country, I often wake to the dawn chorus in the springtime and often to a murder of crows in the autumn when the harvest is due. And as dull and boring as waking to crows may seem, they are a stunningly intelligent bird, and the more I learn about them the more my respect for them grows.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Why oh why...? it churns my stomach with anger.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/pu ... spartandhp
daib0
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by daib0 »

Today's stupid story ...

BBC News

Topless selfie student crashes into Texas police car

A US college student has crashed into a police car while taking a topless selfie behind the wheel, say officials. Miranda Rader, 19, rear-ended the patrol vehicle while sending nude photos to her boyfriend through the social media app Snapchat, police say. The accident on Wednesday in Bryan, about 100 miles (160km) north of Houston, caused the airbag to deploy. The Texas A&M University student also had an open bottle of wine in a cup holder by her, according to police.

No one was injured in the incident. The officer whose car had been hit approached Ms Rader to find she had an "unclasped brassiere" and was trying to put on her blouse, police said. The freshman told the officer that she had been driving back to her residence on campus. The arresting officer wrote in an affidavit: "I asked her why she was not dressed while driving and she stated she was taking a Snapchat photo to send to her boyfriend while she was at a red light."

She was arrested on suspicion of driving while intoxicated and released from jail on Thursday morning on a $2,000 (£1,600) bail bond, police said.
A friendly Reading FC fan! He is a moderator here: http://www.extremefootballforum.com/forum
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

Mr Russell wrote:
Davycc wrote:
Mr Russell wrote:
100% agree!

One of my lads is now living in Perth Oz for a coupel of years and he is a big golfer. He says warnings were anounced the other day that brown snakes (?) are now all over the golf courses in Perth.... so his scores are going up as he won't now go in the rough to seek out any wayward drives!!!!!
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Brown snakes are one of the most venemous. Every year in the 30 odd years I played at Sonning Golf Club, a notice would go up 'Adders seen on the course'.
I saw several during my time there. Didn't stop me going in the rough or the trees though, had to, or I would have run out of golf balls. :lol:
I once played against Don Revie.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

You know what i have never seen a snake in my 26 years of living in Australia in the wild, only in zoo's or reptile parks. Plenty of people i know have seen them but i guess I've been quite lucky on that note. Spiders oh yeah plenty of them and not the nice furry ones either but they'd never stop a round of golf :lol:
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Mr Russell wrote:
Davycc wrote:
Mr Russell wrote:

100% agree!

Stayed at the Sydney Academy of Sport just outside Narrabeen a few years ago. Every morning and then around 6 pm we had anything between 15-20 Cockatoos who came calling. They actually knocked on the accommodation doors to get us up. Needless to say this was amazing for moi.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

johnh wrote:Brown snakes are one of the most venemous. Every year in the 30 odd years I played at Sonning Golf Club, a notice would go up 'Adders seen on the course'.
I saw several during my time there. Didn't stop me going in the rough or the trees though, had to, or I would have run out of golf balls. :lol:
I did say to him what about all the balls - and he said "This is me we are talkng about not you Dad!"