Yorkshire DJs

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Deleted User 3289

Re: Yorkshire DJs

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

The Yorkshire Gene Genies, your wish is our command.. "Well I thought it was great" :D

I don't know if I could stand playing the same songs over & over again, I used to go to an Indie night many years ago, and the DJ would play nearly the same set week after week as the crowd demanded it. If he dared play a slightly obscure track the crowd would quickly disperse and it would be back to type next song.

And another thing, how do you deal with a pisshead who is becoming annoyed because you haven't played his song 1 minute after he requested it?

Music is a very fickle thing I would imagine you have to feed the mice cheese to keep them in the trap.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote: And another thing, how do you deal with a pisshead who is becoming annoyed because you haven't played his song 1 minute after he requested it?
By having a diplomatic mate who is also a trained bodyguard to stand between you and the crowd.

He'd only ever let the pretty girls that had great taste in music and/or high heels talk to me.

That's what I did, anyway.

Seriously, it can be a massive pain in the arse, but it's never the blokes that kick off, it's always the women in my experience.

The worst - the absolute worst - thing anyone can say is "Have you got such and such ?" and when you say "No, sorry" (easier in the days of vinyl only, obviously) they'd then say "Well, can I have a look at what you have got then ?" like it was a rummage through a record box at a car boot sale.

... that's when I'd get angry.

After thirty years plus working with the public, I can honestly say they're almost all idiots.
Especially when they're drunk.

Remember that story in the news recently about the "rudest shop owner" who had a book stall and charged people to come in to ensure "they were serious" ??
I wanted to shake his hand :mrgreen:
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

Having spent much of my life working with the general public I have to agree with Rigger. B*stards the lot of them. And that means you and me as well. ;)
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

rigger wrote:I can play a bit of northern .. on a laptop, just to wind up the talcum powder boys ;)

As for the rest, just go to a student/indie club if there are any left :wtf:

I'm talking about proper dancing ! :ugeek:
Ah so you play a bit of Frank S and Mr Buble ?
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

rigger wrote:

After thirty years plus working with the public, I can honestly say they're almost all idiots.
Especially when they're drunk.
Mate I have to agree 100% 20 years of dealing with drunks on a Friday and Saturday night in Belfast showed me that the nicest, most decent honest man OR woman can become the biggest PITA after too many Tia Maria's
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Emley White
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by Emley White »

I've had to deal with all sorts of numpties over time, it drives you insane especially the modern day private party on a Saturday night. "play us summat I know mate", "play us summat decent WE don't like all this old Pooh haven't you got any up to date music" (Dancefloor is packed everyone rocking away to Louie Louie or Green Onions) Modern music goes on, dancefloor empties quicker than a rat up a drainpipe and nobody dances to what Mr Pisshead has asked for. Woe betide if you don't have the track cos it's on his phone you must have it or play it off that. I despair and try to avoid that type of gig these days. I was 52 on Tuesday and all I want is a quiet life, I can't deal with plebs anymore. The last straw for me was last December at a 75th Birthday in Normanton, at half 7 playing a nice selection of background music whilst guests arrived, gobby shouts at me across the room "Come on get it f..ing going it's a f..ing party innit, call yourself a f..ing dj". Thankfully I don't get any of that on my Friday nights hence why I love it so much.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Emley White wrote:I've had to deal with all sorts of numpties over time, it drives you insane especially the modern day private party on a Saturday night. "play us summat I know mate", "play us summat decent WE don't like all this old Pooh haven't you got any up to date music" (Dancefloor is packed everyone rocking away to Louie Louie or Green Onions) Modern music goes on, dancefloor empties quicker than a rat up a drainpipe and nobody dances to what Mr Pisshead has asked for. Woe betide if you don't have the track cos it's on his phone you must have it or play it off that. I despair and try to avoid that type of gig these days. I was 52 on Tuesday and all I want is a quiet life, I can't deal with plebs anymore. The last straw for me was last December at a 75th Birthday in Normanton, at half 7 playing a nice selection of background music whilst guests arrived, gobby shouts at me across the room "Come on get it f..ing going it's a f..ing party innit, call yourself a f..ing dj". Thankfully I don't get any of that on my Friday nights hence why I love it so much.

Christ, this should printed out and left on each table at every such party around the country.

It's all about respect ..

Oh, and the comment about those two tunes was perfect.
Green Onions and Louie Louie are 100% floor-fillers every time.

Mind you, that could be a whole separate thread on its own .. ;)
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

I'm sure one of you music men can answer the question :-

Who and how many Father & Sons have both had UK No1's ?

Don't know the answer, its something we've been debating. Know of at least one pair who are currently touring together as getting tickets started the discussion.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

The worst - the absolute worst - thing anyone can say is "Have you got such and such ?" and when you say "No, sorry" (easier in the days of vinyl only, obviously) they'd then say "Well, can I have a look at what you have got then ?" like it was a rummage through a record box at a car boot sale.
I shouldn't laugh but I nearly fell of my chair. Let me have a look then... :lol: Something you'd expect if you was in a mates bedroom playing Vinyl, Crazy!
Emley White wrote:I've had to deal with all sorts of numpties over time, it drives you insane especially the modern day private party on a Saturday night. "play us summat I know mate", "play us summat decent WE don't like all this old Pooh haven't you got any up to date music" (Dancefloor is packed everyone rocking away to Louie Louie or Green Onions) Modern music goes on, dancefloor empties quicker than a rat up a drainpipe and nobody dances to what Mr Pisshead has asked for. Woe betide if you don't have the track cos it's on his phone you must have it or play it off that. I despair and try to avoid that type of gig these days. I was 52 on Tuesday and all I want is a quiet life, I can't deal with plebs anymore. The last straw for me was last December at a 75th Birthday in Normanton, at half 7 playing a nice selection of background music whilst guests arrived, gobby shouts at me across the room "Come on get it f..ing going it's a f..ing party innit, call yourself a f..ing dj". Thankfully I don't get any of that on my Friday nights hence why I love it so much.
I have to agree with all the comments above people are hard enough to deal with sober, but get a drink inside them it becomes nigh on impossible. Music taste is too varied for everyone to have an opinion.

On the flip side to that tho, it must be great on the odd occasion when everything flows and the crowd really get into the music and just have a great time. And you get a taxi home with the best looking woman in the bar. "hey...so you can split the fare, nothing else" :D
Emley White
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by Emley White »

Selby White wrote:I'm sure one of you music men can answer the question :-

Who and how many Father & Sons have both had UK No1's ?

Don't know the answer, its something we've been debating. Know of at least one pair who are currently touring together as getting tickets started the discussion.
Hi Selby
There's only one pair I believe, Julio and Enrique Iglesias. Can't think of any others but will keep thinking.