The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Just back from a 4 day break in Devon had glorious weather.
Winner of the Europa League
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Just back from a 4 day break in Devon had glorious weather.
Whereabouts NW, her indoors lived in Devon (Exeter) for many years before we met (despite been a Somerset lass). Was down there visiting some of her family before Christmas and went to Burgh Island at my request. Bit of nostalgia really as parents took me as a kid and its a holiday that I always seem to have fond memories from.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Deal sorted for a new "to me" car :D , not picking it up until Tuesday as away until then in the sunny south west.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
PockWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by PockWhite »

So, anyway, about these new £1 coins being counterfeit proof............................. :roll:

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/ch ... spartandhp
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

My sister has flown in today from the US following a school trip out there.
She's wrangled an annual "cultural" holiday for some of her older girls and gets to spend two weeks in Washington, Boston and NYC every Easter.
You can't beat those South African private schools, can you ?? :D

She was supposed to meet up with her hubby in Amsterdam for four days but he had to fly up here sooner - his company works with a Dutch technology firm - so their plans for a naughty break were scuppered and she's lumbered with me instead. I could only get two days off work so I'm picking her up from friends in Wokingham before heading down to some other friends near Lewes, on the south coast, then back to Southampton for a couple of nights on the lash before she flies back to Jo'burg on Sunday evening.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

rigger wrote:My sister has flown in today from the US following a school trip out there.
She's wrangled an annual "cultural" holiday for some of her older girls and gets to spend two weeks in Washington, Boston and NYC every Easter.
You can't beat those South African private schools, can you ?? :D

She was supposed to meet up with her hubby in Amsterdam for four days but he had to fly up here sooner - his company works with a Dutch technology firm - so their plans for a naughty break were scuppered and she's lumbered with me instead. I could only get two days off work so I'm picking her up from friends in Wokingham before heading down to some other friends near Lewes, on the south coast, then back to Southampton for a couple of nights on the lash before she flies back to Jo'burg on Sunday evening.
Wokingham, played against them. Their pitch had quite a slope from goal to goal. Lewes, played against them. Their ground was known as the 'dripping pan'. Make the most of your two days Rigger, have a great time.
I once played against Don Revie.
Deleted User 728

Five days off, all told - weekend and Bank Holiday :D

I will, John, thank you :)
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Don't know why this surfaced in my memory. I don't suppose many on here remember much about pounds, shillings and pence? When I was at school in about 1943/44 there was a 'pence times table' we had to learn by heart. It started: twenty pence is one and eightpence, thirty pence is two and sixpence..... on to eighty pence is six and eightpence, ninety pence is seven and sixpence, then up to one hundred and twenty pence is ten shillings. For some reason the table stopped at ten shillings. The only reason I can think for this is that it only requires simple mental arithmetic to work out what, say, 180 pence is. eg divide by two is 90, 90 pence is seven and sixpence, times two is fifteen shillings.
Isn't memory a wonderful thing, now what was it I had for breakfast?
I once played against Don Revie.
Deleted User 728

I could reel off the names of my old school registers but if I bumped into someone I worked with three years ago in the street I'd probably be stumped to tell you their name.

It is an odd beast, the memory :wtf:
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Marchingontogether wins the 6.00 at Leicester at 14/1 :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.