The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote:I'm no big music fan, but I thought Coldplay as one of the headlining acts last year were absolutely fantastic.

My Mrs has got me watching some utter garbage called Radiohead, I'm relieved she's suggested we watch Graham Norton instead :wtf:
Agree :thumbup:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by LAsouthcoast »

Got to disagree chaps, just finished 2hours 10 mins of absolute joy for me.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

LAsouthcoast wrote:Got to disagree chaps, just finished 2hours 10 mins of absolute joy for me.
That's the good thing about music we all have our own taste and nothing wrong with that.
To be honest I only watched about 10 minutes and they are a group I've never really liked.
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by LAsouthcoast »

Selby White wrote:
LAsouthcoast wrote:Got to disagree chaps, just finished 2hours 10 mins of absolute joy for me.
That's the good thing about music we all have our own taste and nothing wrong with that.
To be honest I only watched about 10 minutes and they are a group I've never really liked.
So true SW, btw hope you had a good at the coast.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

LAsouthcoast wrote:
Selby White wrote:
So true SW, btw hope you had a good at the coast.
We did thanks :thumbup:
Walked a short section of the Cleveland way just north of Scarborough, then afterwards went up to Robin Hoods Bay.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

The headline act tonight, The Foo Fighters (again not my thing) were amazing.

Good luck following that Ed Sheerin.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

Barlow Boy wrote:The headline act tonight, The Foo Fighters (again not my thing) were amazing.

Good luck following that Ed Sheerin.
I didn't enjoy it at all! The bloke wants to stop prattling on about how great a FF show is and how they'll play all night and how he'll keep swearing if he wants to.... Jees, they could have got another six tunes in without all that!!!!!
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

I see a city in Iran recorded a temperature of 53.7C. (128F.)

I was once queueing for dinner in a narrow passage in the bowels of the Troopship I was on. We were in Colombo harbour (Ceylon). It was about 95F on deck and the passage we were in was next to the kitchens. The heat was unbearable and just standing there, the sweat was dripping off the end of my nose. One of the cook's poked his head out and shouted 'Our thermometer reads 128F'. How people can live in that is mind boggling.
I once played against Don Revie.
PockWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by PockWhite »

Me & Mrs PW off to that there London tomorrow for a couple of days seeing sights anorl.
We were going to Wemberlee tomorrow tonight to see Adele. Not really my scene musically, but 98,000 people & I gather she puts on a good show.
Just found out it's been cancelled as she's damaged her vocal chords. :roll:
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Yeah I read that. She has cancelled 2 shows I think. You would think she would just stick a cd in and mime, you know like Milli Vanilli used to. :D

Have a gud-en Pock