Chuffing heck

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Chuffing heck

Post by Mr Russell »

birkybullufc wrote:It's a mild 19'c here in Auckland at 8:30pm.
:-)
i found Auckland to be a replica of Sydney but the best place to be is on the water at a bar called Dr Rudi's rooftop bar, great beers and atmosphere, downstairs is the Panhead Brewing Company which is worth a visit.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
birkybullufc
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by birkybullufc »

Mr Russell wrote:
i found Auckland to be a replica of Sydney but the best place to be is on the water at a bar called Dr Rudi's rooftop bar, great beers and atmosphere, downstairs is the Panhead Brewing Company which is worth a visit.
Yes it has a similar feel, with the collection of small beach towns and such all grouped together. Thanks for the tip Mr R. . I forgot you were in NZ too. Did you enjoy your cruise?
Follow the cause not the leaders.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Gorgeous day down south.
I was up at the crack and drove to Bristol to pick up some speakers I bought on another forum (Linn Kan mk.II if anyone's interested) and it was stunning going the scenic route through Salisbury and Bath. The valleys are beautiful when it's cold and crisp and just a bit misty.
It showed 0' outside on my display pretty much right up until I was halfway back at around 11am when it rose to a positively balmy 3' :)
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

birkybullufc wrote:
Mr Russell wrote:
Yes it has a similar feel, with the collection of small beach towns and such all grouped together. Thanks for the tip Mr R. . I forgot you were in NZ too. Did you enjoy your cruise?
Was very good and will put a more detailed report in travel section in the next week or so, great country to visit and such friendly peoples.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

rigger wrote:Gorgeous day down south.
I was up at the crack and drove to Bristol to pick up some speakers I bought on another forum (Linn Kan mk.II if anyone's interested) and it was stunning going the scenic route through Salisbury and Bath. The valleys are beautiful when it's cold and crisp and just a bit misty.
It showed 0' outside on my display pretty much right up until I was halfway back at around 11am when it rose to a positively balmy 3' :)
The car Temp showed -1 when I left work in Temple Meads at 5:30 this morning. It "rose" to -2 when I got up on to the Downs near my place.

You know we have to arrange a meet up some time, mate. You seem to come to Bristol often enough.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

First time in well over a year, mate.

It was a smash and grab though, hence me wanting to get there so early.

I was buying some speakers from a fella in Glenfrome Road, just off the M32 behind Ikea. It's always so busy trying to get into the city so I was glad it was so close to an escape route, but it's still a fag to get to from here.

But yes, next time I come I will give you a shout. Ironically, it will probably with a good friend - the City fan - for a match so if/when we next come I'll ask you beforehand and you can come too if you fancy it. We could meet at the ground or in The Robins pub beforehand, where we normally go.

Cheers :thumbup:
BrighouseWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by BrighouseWhite »

About an inch and half of snow this morning and looks like there could be more to come. Have put the bin out which could be as far as I go today.
There's light at the end of the tunnel and the future's looking very bright indeed.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Just a sprinkling here, need to drive to York this morning so hope we miss the worst.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

No snow here, NOT raining, going to have words with the Met Office, can't be having this.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
One Eyed Thompson
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by One Eyed Thompson »

Davycc wrote:No snow here, NOT raining, going to have words with the Met Office, can't be having this.
Aye but it'd still founder ye!