Post by Wigan White »

Sounds like you had a great time Kev. :thumbup:
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by Barlow Boy »

Wigan White wrote:Sounds like you had a great time Kev. :thumbup:
I did Al, can’t recommend that enough.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

I know there's quite a few on here that rightly shop around for the best deals, electric, gas etc I'm one of them. My car insurance with Hastings Direct who I had switched to last year was due for renewal at midnight last night. Earlier this month I received my renewal quote from Hastings Direct so I started comparing deals using the usual compare the market sites. Low and behold who should come up cheapest using the same criteria I always do but Hastings Direct and it was cheaper, not £5 or even £20 but £157 cheaper. Obviously I thought, mistake, on my renewal quote so simples give them a call and get it fixed. Oh no the very nice lady at Hastings Direct couldn't match the price, couldn't even get near it tweaking things a little.

The up shot is I cancelled my old policy with them took out the new one and this morning had two emails from Hastings Direct one stating that my policy was now cancelled (and they where sorry to see me go) and the other welcoming me in and containing my "starter pack" of policy etc which was the exact same bar the price as the one I got last year.

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

I was with Hastings Direct quite a few years ago. The first year they were very competitive, then on renewal their premium went through the roof. I contacted them and gave them details of a cheaper quote I'd got but they weren't interested so I moved. On average, I change supplier every 2 years.
I once played against Don Revie.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

How things change. I remember (1952/53 or thereabouts) a Nigerian team visiting Leeds. They played at ER against a Leeds and District amateur side. What made the news was the fact that all the Nigerian team played in bare feet. There was a photo of the Nigerian team (minus boots) in the Yorkshire Evening Post (or News). The Leeds and District team was also shown, wearing the old fashioned boots which were like miners clogs. I remember wincing when I thought about the bare feet making contact with those boots, not to mention kicking the old heavy leather ball! Now, the Nigerian team are in the World Cup and wearing multi-coloured boots!
ilkley62
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by ilkley62 »

Davycc wrote:I know there's quite a few on here that rightly shop around for the best deals, electric, gas etc I'm one of them. My car insurance with Hastings Direct who I had switched to last year was due for renewal at midnight last night. Earlier this month I received my renewal quote from Hastings Direct so I started comparing deals using the usual compare the market sites. Low and behold who should come up cheapest using the same criteria I always do but Hastings Direct and it was cheaper, not £5 or even £20 but £157 cheaper. Obviously I thought, mistake, on my renewal quote so simples give them a call and get it fixed. Oh no the very nice lady at Hastings Direct couldn't match the price, couldn't even get near it tweaking things a little.

The up shot is I cancelled my old policy with them took out the new one and this morning had two emails from Hastings Direct one stating that my policy was now cancelled (and they where sorry to see me go) and the other welcoming me in and containing my "starter pack" of policy etc which was the exact same bar the price as the one I got last year.

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
Similar thing happened to me with Tesco insurance, wasnt happy with their renewal quote so I rang to cancel my policy "Luckily" after a few minutes they were able to match the price i found on a comparison website quote from ......Tesco Insurance (approx £60 cheaper than my renewal quote)
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Forecast to be 30 degrees celsius in Belfast. At least the rain will be warm.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

johnh wrote:Forecast to be 30 degrees celsius in Belfast. At least the rain will be warm.
That's a typo John, its 30 degree Kelvin
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Had a ride out to Filey today, stroll along the cliff tops and a picnic lunch. Return along beach with a bit of chilling out time.

Stopped for our evening meal at a Pub, back home in time for the England match.

Just need a victory for a very pleasant day :D
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

It's 32 Celsius in Galway. I don't want to be the one to say it, but bloody he'll its....
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay