What are you having for dinner tonight

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Re: What are you having for dinner tonight

Post by johnh »

Played a couple of frames of snooker, early evening. Called at the Fish and Chip shop on the way home, got a nice piece of cod plus mushy peas. Didn't bother with chips as we seem to throw more away than we eat!
I once played against Don Revie.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Just bought the ingredients for a chicken & prawn rissotto tonight. Served with cheesy garlic bread & washed down with a nice Sauvingnon
Winner of the Europa League
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Tracey and I just had Sirloin steak from M&S with mushrooms onions and french fries topped off with homemade peppercorn sauce. Don't shop at M&S as a rule (tightwad I am) but the filling station at the airport has a small M&S outlet who's staff have no idea re stock control. So much food being sold off as best by date hit. That's the only reason I visit, great food knocked down in price hence the 2 Sirloins for £4
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Davycc wrote:Tracey and I just had Sirloin steak from M&S with mushrooms onions and french fries topped off with homemade peppercorn sauce. Don't shop at M&S as a rule (tightwad I am) but the filling station at the airport has a small M&S outlet who's staff have no idea re stock control. So much food being sold off as best by date hit. That's the only reason I visit, great food knocked down in price hence the 2 Sirloins for £4
Be honest Davy, you only shop and M&S because Primark burned down. :D
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

johnh wrote:
Davycc wrote:Tracey and I just had Sirloin steak from M&S with mushrooms onions and french fries topped off with homemade peppercorn sauce. Don't shop at M&S as a rule (tightwad I am) but the filling station at the airport has a small M&S outlet who's staff have no idea re stock control. So much food being sold off as best by date hit. That's the only reason I visit, great food knocked down in price hence the 2 Sirloins for £4
Be honest Davy, you only shop and M&S because Primark burned down. :D
True John, but I must admit the the Sirloins taste much better pan fried than Primark's boxers !!!
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

We walked past our local butchers this morning & my eyes were drawn to a couple of Barnsley chops. We're having them tonight with roast potatoes, swede, cabbage & home made mint sauce with mint from our garden.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Bought a beef in Yorkshire pudding at M&S. Having it tonight with green beans. Fruit salad for afters all washed down with a pint of London Pride.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Just back from the shops & bought some sausages to have tonight, nowt fancy just sausage & mash with peas & gravy.
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Just back from the shops & bought some sausages to have tonight, nowt fancy just sausage & mash with peas & gravy.
Just curious, peas & gravy on the side or all over?

On the side for me.
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

kk_white wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:Just back from the shops & bought some sausages to have tonight, nowt fancy just sausage & mash with peas & gravy.
Just curious, peas & gravy on the side or all over?

On the side for me.
All over Mate I'm a Northern Boy & we love us gravy :D