Christmas cards

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Christmas cards

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Just done ours but is it a dying tradition ? Discuss :)
Winner of the Europa League
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Re: Christmas cards

Post by johnh »

You can do cards 'on-line' and send by email. Tend to be to/from overseas though. My card list has reduced by about half over the years (down to 3 now - only joking :D ).
Done mine for this year, takes most of an afternoon. Well worth it though. Hope the tradition stay alive. :thumbup:
I once played against Don Revie.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Honestly believe it's an age thing, sadly. Modern technology dosent allow for such niceties. We always forget one person & there's a last minute rush to get it in the post :D
Winner of the Europa League
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Not proud of it, but we didn't send cards about 3 years ago (lot's of stuff going on at the time), but since we broke the tradition, we haven't sent any since...

If there's someone we know loves getting a card, we tend to be visiting them anyway, so bring a card with a gift.
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

We enjoy the sending and the receiving of cards it's one of the best parts of Christmas. Long may the tradition continue.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

We still send them and enjoy doing so, we tend to visit a few of my elderly relatives that live locally to deliver personally.
Most have been sent or delivered just two to do and seeing them on Tuesday.

Cathy as a much smaller family and are in the south so try to get to see them through the year rather than Xmas.

Numbers are declining though but usually end up receiving around 50 cards (28 so far this year).
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

When i was growing up at home with my parents, i remember seeing all of the Christmas cards they used to receive being pinned all over the house and thinking gosh i'm glad i don't have to write all of them. Fast forward 30 years (like scrooge in reverse really) i'm sad to say i don't get 1 these days, even the mrs gave up over the years. These days i console myself by thinking of all the trees i'm saving. bah humbug
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

We send plenty, and receive plenty, but nowhere near as much as we used to.

Yes, people tend to send a Happy Christmas text (or whatever) these days, but there’s also the fact folk have passed away over the years and they tend to be the older ones who always used to send a card.

Have to agree with Chilwell White, enjoy sending and receiving them.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by LAsouthcoast »

Just finished writing out 70 cards for customers of mine, Saturdays used to be so different.