Pet Peeves - Get it off your chest!

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Deleted User 728

Re: Pet Peeves - Get it off your chest!

Post by Deleted User 728 »

If I listed all the grammar and word errors that peeve me I think I'd need to start a new website :(
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

rigger wrote:If I listed all the grammar and word errors that peeve me I think I'd need to start a new website :(
Yes, that's probably true. I've just seen it repeated all over Facebook today and was starting to pull my hair out. :D
Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

Sniffer wrote:
rigger wrote:If I listed all the grammar and word errors that peeve me I think I'd need to start a new website :(
Yes, that's probably true. I've just seen it repeated all over Facebook today and was starting to pull my hair out. :D
Honestly this thread is is garbage to say the least. Firstly I'm a teacher so i know the rules of Grammar, Pronunciation, Vocabulary etc..... However this thread is basically saying if you don't type a certain way you are not welcome. To the Mods. take a bloody back seat from your high and mighty stance okay. There are genuine members who don't know grammar the way we do. there are sometimes people who are dyslexic or have had to leave school at early ages and have not learned the language you may think people should know.

I do understand what you're trying to do here and create a better understanding of English and how its really written but I can tell you honestly now that English people don't actually speak English properly at all. If i'm honest in written form yes there is a higher percentage of grammar but in spoken English the accents of English people is terrible. most people don't pronounce H's properly and in fairness you ask any Yorkshire person to say the word three it will be said as free. So when people are a little less accurate with grammar or spelling on here stop trying to be know all's okay. This is one thing of this website that pisses me off big time when the mods try to force people to be articulate in how they type. My attitude to that kind of thing is go find a round room and piss in a corner mate.

I like to keep things civil in the argument side of things Not in the grammar of how its said. To be honest. I'm TEACHER AND i'm DYSLEXIC with E's and I's I always have issues with them and i really take offence when the Mods have a go at people for it. RELAX, guys were not all perfect and come from different backgrounds. some are quick to learn other are not. say it in private message not in a full post. There are no prizes here for language literacy okay. W e are after all a LUFC supporters website not an adult language literacy course.

Sorry guys i truly do understand what you're trying to do. but remember there are members who genuinely don't have the literacy skills of some. step out of your ego's and look at the deeper picture
Deleted User 728

Go to sleep, mate.

Come back in the morning and see if you remember writing all that :D
Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

rigger wrote:Go to sleep, mate.

Come back in the morning and see if you remember writing all that :D
Probably won't remember it but somehow i knew you would be the first to answer...... :D
Deleted User 728

G'night, love ;)
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

Yeah, and my other pet peeves are know-alls and pedants. :D
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Yep Corky have a nap as we know you've been on the sauce. Have a read back there were no fingers pointed at forum members here. I know you are defending others, and I respect that, admire it but your a tad jumpy this time. Believe me i know the feeling you will have in the morning, I've have that " oh crap did I write that moment.

No harm done mate :thumbup:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

CorkWhite wrote:
Sniffer wrote:
Honestly this thread is is garbage to say the least. Firstly I'm a teacher so i know the rules of Grammar, Pronunciation, Vocabulary etc..... However this thread is basically saying if you don't type a certain way you are not welcome. To the Mods. take a bloody back seat from your high and mighty stance okay. There are genuine members who don't know grammar the way we do. there are sometimes people who are dyslexic or have had to leave school at early ages and have not learned the language you may think people should know.

I do understand what you're trying to do here and create a better understanding of English and how its really written but I can tell you honestly now that English people don't actually speak English properly at all. If i'm honest in written form yes there is a higher percentage of grammar but in spoken English the accents of English people is terrible. most people don't pronounce H's properly and in fairness you ask any Yorkshire person to say the word three it will be said as free. So when people are a little less accurate with grammar or spelling on here stop trying to be know all's okay. This is one thing of this website that pisses me off big time when the mods try to force people to be articulate in how they type. My attitude to that kind of thing is go find a round room and piss in a corner mate.

I like to keep things civil in the argument side of things Not in the grammar of how its said. To be honest. I'm TEACHER AND i'm DYSLEXIC with E's and I's I always have issues with them and i really take offence when the Mods have a go at people for it. RELAX, guys were not all perfect and come from different backgrounds. some are quick to learn other are not. say it in private message not in a full post. There are no prizes here for language literacy okay. W e are after all a LUFC supporters website not an adult language literacy course.

Sorry guys i truly do understand what you're trying to do. but remember there are members who genuinely don't have the literacy skills of some. step out of your ego's and look at the deeper picture
HERE HERE. I'm too thick to un-derstand any of it but at lest i keap ont trying. :D
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:
CorkWhite wrote:
Sniffer wrote:

HERE HERE. I'm too thick to un-derstand any of it but at lest i keap ont trying. :D
You are improving though VHTM, keep trying. :D
I once played against Don Revie.