Sport Newsflash

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC

Re: Sport Newsflash

Postby Selby White » 03 May 2018, 14:46

Been to the "Tour de Yorkshire" today, initially went to Howden this morning had time for a coffee before watching the ladies race come through.

Then to Beverley in time for lunch and see all the teams introduced before cheering them off for the grand start.
Nice weather certainly brought big crowds out.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Postby Viduka Hits The Mark » 11 Jan 2019, 12:21

Due to ongoing injury concerns Andy Murray calling time on his Tennis career. Possible after Wimbledon? I hope he stays fit enough.

Great player on his day. Part of that quadruple in Federer, Nadal & Djokovic that have thrilled Tennis fans over the last Decade or so.

Some people think he's dour because he's not all song and dance in front of the camera's. I'd say in this age of drama that's refreshing to me.

The greatest British player ever. Now that is something to be proud of. Enjoy the rest of your life Andy. :clap:
"Mama always said life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get." Forrest Gump.
Viduka Hits The Mark
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Postby johnh » 11 Jan 2019, 13:47

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:Due to ongoing injury concerns Andy Murray calling time on his Tennis career. Possible after Wimbledon? I hope he stays fit enough.

Great player on his day. Part of that quadruple in Federer, Nadal & Djokovic that have thrilled Tennis fans over the last Decade or so.

Some people think he's dour because he's not all song and dance in front of the camera's. I'd say in this age of drama that's refreshing to me.

The greatest British player ever. Now that is something to be proud of. Enjoy the rest of your life Andy. :clap:

The greatest British player ever? Fred Perry?
The Prime Minister has been in our house.
johnh
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Postby Viduka Hits The Mark » 11 Jan 2019, 17:38

Subjective obviously John. Especially has i never got to see Fred Perry in action. Imo because of the amount of players on tour and the quality of the above names mentioned, to reach number 1 in the world in that company you have to be pretty special. Even i would back myself to return a serve back in the 1930-40's :shifty:

There's only one winner when it comes to fashion tho. :angel:
"Mama always said life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get." Forrest Gump.
Viduka Hits The Mark
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Postby johnh » 11 Jan 2019, 18:46

You can only be judged 'in your own time'. Perry won 8 Grand Slams and 3 consecutive Wimbledon's.
The Prime Minister has been in our house.
johnh
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Previous

Return to General