The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by kk white »

Great website Rigger, never saw it before.

Just spent 30 mins looking up my tiny vinyl collection - surprisingly my limited edition Cure Entreat album is e500 :thumbup:

Used to have lots of vinyl, but my mother cleared the old house out years ago and gave them all away... :x

Even more upsetting, back in the 60/70's, my uncle had a contact/deal with the record distributors in Ireland that he would receive a first edition of all Beatles releases. He LOANED a few of them to my mother (his sister) one evening... Years later (yes, years, he didn't have the heart to demand them back) my younger brother destroyed them - literally. Scratched beyond use, twisted, snapped.

One of those was a first edition Please Please Me... I always knew it was big money, but that website just turned up e21,000 for mint condition.

I never really got along with my younger brother!
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Very frustrating last two days with the Telegraph prize crossword, having finished it both days am unable to sent them off electronically. When I enter my email address the box when you enter has a blue film around it. Long shot but any ideas ?

https://imgur.com/4hD6JdB
Winner of the Europa League
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

kk_white wrote:Great website Rigger, never saw it before.

Just spent 30 mins looking up my tiny vinyl collection - surprisingly my limited edition Cure Entreat album is e500 :thumbup:

Used to have lots of vinyl, but my mother cleared the old house out years ago and gave them all away... :x

Even more upsetting, back in the 60/70's, my uncle had a contact/deal with the record distributors in Ireland that he would receive a first edition of all Beatles releases. He LOANED a few of them to my mother (his sister) one evening... Years later (yes, years, he didn't have the heart to demand them back) my younger brother destroyed them - literally. Scratched beyond use, twisted, snapped.

One of those was a first edition Please Please Me... I always knew it was big money, but that website just turned up e21,000 for mint condition.

I never really got along with my younger brother!
Is it any consolation that at the time he destroyed them they were probably worth considerably less? :shock: :D
I once played against Don Revie.
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Afraid not John, it was the late 80's and they were still worth a large amount then. I remember because I specifically went looking for the albums (in particular the Please Please Me first edition). The trauma of finding them makes me remember it was worth about £2,000 back then - a lot for the 80's...
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Usually hate International weekends but didn't get a chance to be bored. What a weekend, thank goodness to be back at work for a rest :D
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Davycc wrote:Usually hate International weekends but didn't get a chance to be bored. What a weekend, thank goodness to be back at work for a rest :D
Is that because you are leading the Gamble game ;) :D
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Selby White wrote:
Davycc wrote:Usually hate International weekends but didn't get a chance to be bored. What a weekend, thank goodness to be back at work for a rest :D
And there you go.... jinxed... Round 5 will now be a wipeout :lol: :lol:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Davycc wrote:
Selby White wrote:
And there you go.... jinxed... Round 5 will now be a wipeout :lol: :lol:
That's the plan :D
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Crossword time in the Telegraph easy crossword the first couple of answers are play on words but today I have the answers but can’t fathom the play on words. The answers are Pause, Whole :roll:

Apparently it’s Poor Soul :eh:
Winner of the Europa League
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Crossword time in the Telegraph easy crossword the first couple of answers are play on words but today I have the answers but can’t fathom the play on words. The answers are Pause, Whole :roll:

Apparently it’s Poor Soul :eh:
Run the words together and they're soundalikes. It depends how you pronounce them though. Pause sounds nothing like poo-er for instance.