What are you having for dinner tonight

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Re: What are you having for dinner tonight

Post by mapperleywhite »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Had a lovely meal last night courtesy of Cote at Home.

Smoked Salmon
Fillet steak, peppercorn sauce, frites, cherry tomatoes & mushrooms
Apple tart with double cream

Absolutely gorgeous it was :D

We're going to be trying that before too long. Did it come from Bridgford?
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

mapperleywhite wrote:Mrs MW has enjoyed doner kebab since she came here 13 years ago so we got a take-away from Rakki Rakkas in Sherwood tonight.

Most of it went in the bin! Disgusting meat that was in no way fresh. Such a shame as previously they have provided top quality Turkish food and thier restaurant was full most nights.

You can't help but wonder about the impact of C-19 on indie establishments like this.
We filled the lamb vacuum created by Friday's disaster by having lamb chops tonight.

For those of you that enjoy lamb chops this is the second time recently we've had 'new season' produce from Lidl and it's absolutely top drawer. £4.09 for four chops.
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

mapperleywhite wrote: We're going to be trying that before too long. Did it come from Bridgford?
Online http://www.coteathome.co.uk we had the lamb parmentier last night it was lovely.
Winner of the Europa League
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Smoked mackerel with salad and new potatoes.
CorkWhite
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by CorkWhite »

ChilwellWhite wrote:Smoked mackerel with salad and new potatoes.
I really do miss eating mackerel, only way to get it here is in a tin like sardines with oil which for me is not nice at all. I do however eat a lot of local fish and the best tuna in the world is fished here in my city. We even have a tuna festival here every September for two weeks. General Santos is known as the Tuna Capital. Milkfish with some calamansi juice (very small lime) added to some soy sauce adds extra flavor. with potatoes and veggies. Healthy eating, can't beat that especially if grilled.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

CorkWhite wrote:
I really do miss eating mackerel, only way to get it here is in a tin like sardines with oil which for me is not nice at all. I do however eat a lot of local fish and the best tuna in the world is fished here in my city. We even have a tuna festival here every September for two weeks. General Santos is known as the Tuna Capital. Milkfish with some calamansi juice (very small lime) added to some soy sauce adds extra flavor. with potatoes and veggies. Healthy eating, can't beat that especially if grilled.
CW, I regularly get Mackerel in tomato sauce (tin) and have it on toast as a snack. Try it, but must be in tomato sauce.
I once played against Don Revie.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

johnh wrote:
CorkWhite wrote:
CW, I regularly get Mackerel in tomato sauce (tin) and have it on toast as a snack. Try it, but must be in tomato sauce.
Occasionally for lunch :thumbup:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Selby White wrote:
johnh wrote:
CorkWhite wrote:
Occasionally for lunch :thumbup:
2nd that tasty snack it is.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Been doing our bit for the economy and went to the local cafe for a lunch.
Had a ploughman's for two tasted even better with Boris paying half.
Washed it down with a bottle of white wine, don't think will be eating much tonight a little full at the moment.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Gammon steak, fried egg, sautéed potatoes & baked beans.
Winner of the Europa League