Coronavirus

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Selby White »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
Selby White wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:Well things have opened up that little bit more, been to the gym this morning, I’ve not seen so many smiling faces in a long time, great to get back a bit of normality although I’m aching already so not sure what I’ll be like tomorrow :D.

I won’t be rushing for a haircut though, loads of people queuing outside waiting to get a trim :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mrs SW booked swimming for later this week, Wednesday morning I think she said.

Don't think I'll be needing the Gym, just had 90 paving slabs delivered :crazy:
Be bloomin' careful mate, warm-up before and don't twist owt or try shifting/lifting more than necessary.

2nd jab on Thursday morning, pleasant surprise text yesterday.
We are doing lots to the garden basically a full redesign, the slabs are for footpaths to get about, adding raised beds, fruit trees, extended veg patch, 2nd rose garden, rockery, bird feeding area among other features.
Ongoing project brought on by covid and having time, long way from finished though.

My 2nd jab is end of May and Mrs SW in June so hope they come forward, sooner the better in my eyes.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Mrs SW couldn't get her post lockdown hair appointment until 29th.

She did get her first Swim at the Leisure Centre today though so things slowly returning to normal albeit with restricted numbers.

Noticed a few people in beer gardens and outside areas of coffee shops which is good to see businesses getting going again, wont be rushing there myself though will be patient and wait for things to open fully.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Selby White wrote:Mrs SW couldn't get her post lockdown hair appointment until 29th.

She did get her first Swim at the Leisure Centre today though so things slowly returning to normal albeit with restricted numbers.

Noticed a few people in beer gardens and outside areas of coffee shops which is good to see businesses getting going again, wont be rushing there myself though will be patient and wait for things to open fully.
Been to the gym again this morning, a few old faces starting to re-emerge which is nice to see.

I noticed they seem to have some sort of one way system going on in the pool, fair play to the staff there, they seem to have really thought about everything. The showers still not open upstairs in the gym though.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote: Been to the gym again this morning, a few old faces starting to re-emerge which is nice to see.
Paths must have nearly crossed BB was in the reception are around 10.15am waiting for Mrs SW.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Selby White wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote: Been to the gym again this morning, a few old faces starting to re-emerge which is nice to see.
Paths must have nearly crossed BB was in the reception are around 10.15am waiting for Mrs SW.
Nearly SW, I was early this morning though, in there around 9.40ish, I don’t hang around when it’s nice and sunny :D
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

My sister-in-law, Mary, has tested positive for C-19. She was hospitalised but is now back at home with a supply of oxygen; she's mildy asthmatic and a bit overweight, age around the 50 mark.

Obviously we are praying for her recovery, but it just highlights how fortunate we are in this country to have access to rapid testing and the anti-covid jab.

Unfortunately I can't imagine her situation is unique on this world right now....
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

mapperleywhite wrote:My sister-in-law, Mary, has tested positive for C-19. She was hospitalised but is now back at home with a supply of oxygen; she's mildy asthmatic and a bit overweight, age around the 50 mark.

Obviously we are praying for her recovery, but it just highlights how fortunate we are in this country to have access to rapid testing and the anti-covid jab.

Unfortunately I can't imagine her situation is unique on this world right now....
Sorry to hear that MW, horrible virus, hope she recovers.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

mapperleywhite wrote:My sister-in-law, Mary, has tested positive for C-19. She was hospitalised but is now back at home with a supply of oxygen; she's mildy asthmatic and a bit overweight, age around the 50 mark.

All the best to you and yours mate, fingers crossed for a full recovery. Must admit, i do worry most about friends/loved ones with underlying health problems, I know a fair few.

Had my second AZ jab on Thursday and genuinely have felt no side effects whatsoever. I did take 2 Paracetamol before and a bit after, as recommended, but haven't felt any difference at all, not even in my injected arm.
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

Thanks guys for your support.

Mary has been stable for a few days now and her brother has been paying for a nurse to come and monitor her twice a day. We'd been concerned that she has a racing heart so I contacted an old school friend who is a retired GP. His prognosis was this is her body's natural reaction and the heart is compensating by pumping oxygen round the body, so nothing to be concerned about, in fact quite the contrary.

So fingers crossed.....
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Just found out a old friend I have not seen since start of the pandemic lost his life to the virus in January.