Coronavirus

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Davycc »

mapperleywhite wrote:My sister-in-law, Mary, has tested positive for C-19. She was hospitalised but is now back at home with a supply of oxygen; she's mildy asthmatic and a bit overweight, age around the 50 mark.

Obviously we are praying for her recovery, but it just highlights how fortunate we are in this country to have access to rapid testing and the anti-covid jab.

Unfortunately I can't imagine her situation is unique on this world right now....
Just seen this Howard. Glad she's doing well.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Selby White wrote:Just found out a old friend I have not seen since start of the pandemic lost his life to the virus in January.
So sorry to hear this SW, having been to two ‘covid funerals’ myself, I know how you’re feeling.

Thoughts with you and the family.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Selby White wrote:Just found out a old friend I have not seen since start of the pandemic lost his life to the virus in January.
So sorry to hear this SW, having been to two ‘covid funerals’ myself, I know how you’re feeling.

Thoughts with you and the family.
Thanks BB

Played Table Tennis in the same team a few years back and the occasional drink.
He lived in York but played for us in Selby at the time, had many a drink with him.

Recent times i practiced in York a couple of mornings a week up to first lockdown last year and he was often playing on the other table so always found time for a catch up.
Only found out by chance as somebody had put an Obituary on the York website and I was looking something else up.

Scary but there was about 6 obituaries and I knew most of them but more ex opponents and can't say if any were Covid related, seems a lot in a short period though (ages between 60 to late 70's).
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

My parents had the Astra vaccine last week, both got a splitting headache the day after but all good now. The Vaccine over here is going very slow, its in my grouping at the moment and they dont' expect us to get it for another 2 months. They expect most to have the vaccine by the end of the year. Travel overseas won't happen this year bar the bubble which has just opened to New Zealand.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

We, Tracey, Matthew and myself give blood samples monthly for an ONS survey. Just got the first test results back yesterday. I have had both jabs, Tracey has had her first, 2 weeks ago and Matthew has had none. My results show positive for the anti-bodies, Tracey and Matthew came back as negative which to me would tend to confirm you need both before being relatively safe.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

First time in over 8 months we’ve had no,Covid-19 related deaths in the last 24 hours here in Nottingham. Long may it continue
Winner of the Europa League
Saxon
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by Saxon »

I go for my second shot tomorrow morning.
Most people in this area have been scheduled to go to Gillette Stadium, home of New England Patriots and New England Revs soccer.
They are using the VIP lounge/restaurants overlooking the field on both sides of the stadium, which are regularly used for shows and exhibitions.
Waiting weeks to get an appointment was a nightmare, but the actual organization at Gillette is excellent.
After my first jab 4 weeks ago, I watched New England Revolution practice down on the field during my half hour waiting period before they let you out.
Beautiful stadium, 68,000 seats, on one side is an upscale shopping mall with plenty restaurants and bars,also part of the retail area is a 'Bass Pro' shop, a massive outdoor sports store, part of a national chain. I see me coming home with a new reel tomorrow. :D
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Saxon wrote:I go for my second shot tomorrow morning.
Most people in this area have been scheduled to go to Gillette Stadium, home of New England Patriots and New England Revs soccer.
They are using the VIP lounge/restaurants overlooking the field on both sides of the stadium, which are regularly used for shows and exhibitions.
Waiting weeks to get an appointment was a nightmare, but the actual organization at Gillette is excellent.
After my first jab 4 weeks ago, I watched New England Revolution practice down on the field during my half hour waiting period before they let you out.
Beautiful stadium, 68,000 seats, on one side is an upscale shopping mall with plenty restaurants and bars,also part of the retail area is a 'Bass Pro' shop, a massive outdoor sports store, part of a national chain. I see me coming home with a new reel tomorrow. :D
One thing I am impressed with in the States is the stadiums, got some excellent ones.
Only footie match I've seen is in Seattle (they played Portland) think it was called Quest field but now a different name.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

76000 +at the MCG for the traditional AFL Anzac Day clash between Collingwood vs Essendon, the biggest crowd a since COVID hit , brilliant!

I expect when crowds do return around the world there will be a spike in attendances around the world for all sports.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Saxon
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by Saxon »

Selby White wrote:
Saxon wrote:I go for my second shot tomorrow morning.
One thing I am impressed with in the States is the stadiums, got some excellent ones.
Only footie match I've seen is in Seattle (they played Portland) think it was called Quest field but now a different name.
The three teams in the MLS from the Northwest are Seattle, Portland, and Vancouver. Those 3 teams are very well supported. They were all prior members of the old NASL [New York Cosmos, Pele, etc] from the 1970's early 80's.Their fans are very knowledgeable and loyal compared to most other teams. All 3 joined MLS many years after it started early/mid 1990's.