The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by Barlow Boy »

Selby White wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
Selby White wrote:Had my first night out for a long time, not great was in casualty.
Torn all the tendons in my elbow basically if anyone has had tennis elbow or golfers elbow (outside & inside tendons) I've done them both, agony typing this.
How on earth did you do that ?, hoping you have a speedy recovery.
Gardening or to be more accurate digging up lawn and putting in paving slab footpaths.

Have had tennis elbow a few years back myself so possibly a weakness but the worst pain/damage is on the inside of the elbow which I think they call Golfers.
So its rest and ice up every two hours for now, also told not to start doing heavy work for two weeks after the pain goes, also given me physio exercises to do as it improves. Currently can't even straighten my arm, wouldn't mind but its my right arm and I'm totally one sided, useless with my left.
I think I’ve mentioned previously, I did physio when I split a muscle in my rotator cuff (I think it’s called), absolute agony for a while and still get the odd bit of pain now some two years later.

You have my sympathies mate.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Had golfers elbow many years ago. Very painful and debilitating. Had a cortisone injection and asked the consultant 'how long before I can play golf?' He said 'book a tee time for tomorrow morning'. He was right, never had another problem since and that was 30 years ago. Hope you get sorted SW.
I once played against Don Revie.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Just seen a sparrow-hawk take down a pigeon & then tear it apart for its lunch over the road. The speed it attacked was incredible
Winner of the Europa League
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

6 o'clock this morning sadly I found a dead seagull hatchling on the front door mat, it could only have been days old. I have no idea where the nest could be but I know exactly which of our two cats brought it in as the other cat only brings worms in ( :sick: )

at 8 I was in the back garden with the dog and heard a racket from a lot of gulls. I just looked up in time to see a gull swoop and knock one of our cats off the shed roof and onto the ground. She promptly disappeared into the house and under the kitchen table.

If it was retribution the gull got the wrong cat.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Just seen a sparrow-hawk take down a pigeon & then tear it apart for its lunch over the road. The speed it attacked was incredible
We've had a Sparrowhawk around here and sadly it got a blackbird the other day, tried to get out in time to save it but it actually flew off with it with the poor thing still alive.
A few days earlier it had tried to attack a couple of other blackbirds but they amazingly escaped with would you believe the help of some Crows who actually dive bombed it and chased it off.

We have loads of pairs of blackbirds this year one in particular will come up to you when gardening looking for any grubs you dig up, think its the same one as last year who nested near our back door, would eat out of your hand. All the lawns around here have been infested with chaffer bugs so they are getting a good feed.
Also a couple of Robins visit and was digging up some lawn and one would sit on the fence and whistle a song until i stood back then would come down for the grubs, yep another bird telling me what to do. :D
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Ryan Giggs charged with assaulting two women according to reports.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Selby White wrote:Ryan Giggs charged with assaulting two women according to reports.
Jail him :twisted:
Winner of the Europa League
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
Selby White wrote:Ryan Giggs charged with assaulting two women according to reports.
Jail him :twisted:
Agree NW.

Odious man.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Just back from our local minor injuries unit at the hospital, with the nurses rebuke ringing in my ears.

I split the webbing between my thumb and first index finger on Tuesday, after a pane of glass slid down it, only a small cut, nothing to worry about, I’ve been to the gym twice since doing it.

This morning, it looked to be getting a bit worse, so I rang them and was encouraged to go down there. The nurse took one look, and basically called me an absolute idiot for not going sooner. It’s now all neatly dressed with bandages, and a strict instruction to rest up for 48 hours.

My Mrs is just making me a nice cuppa now :D
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

I remember in Liverpool in the 1940's, there was an 'old wives' tale (though, as kids we believed it!) that if you cut the webbing between thumb and index finger, then you got lock-jaw. Just thought I'd let you know BB. :D
I once played against Don Revie.