7%
Later
No votes

Total votes: 14

NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Bed time

Post by NottinghamWhite »

My dad pre central heating used to get up at 05:30 every morning to get the fire going so the boiler heated up so the family could have a wash before school/work.
Winner of the Europa League
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

NottinghamWhite wrote:My dad pre central heating used to get up at 05:30 every morning to get the fire going so the boiler heated up so the family could have a wash before school/work.
I remember my mother up early with a newspaper across the fireplace getting a draw going to light the fire.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

My Dad was very cost conscious. He had a phobia about the electric immersion heater which he considered very expensive. Next to the immersion heater switch he had an alarm clock and when he switched the immersion on he also set the alarm. When it went off whoever was nearest had to switch the immersion off pronto!
I once played against Don Revie.
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Davycc wrote:...I remember my mother up early with a newspaper across the fireplace getting a draw going to light the fire.
There's a memory I had forgotten :D
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Monday to Friday usually up between 5.30am and 5.45am, bed at night between 9.30pm to 10.30pm
Weekend always depends on when my daughter wakes up so between 7am to 9am, bed varies anytime between 10pm and midnight.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

When I retired, I thought I’d lounge around in bed until I was ready to get up, I just can’t do it :crazy:. Bed for 10.30, watch the news, then lights out. Up at 5.30 to 6 in the summer, around 6.30 to 7 on darker mornings.

I’ve mentioned previously, I take the dog for a walk on a lovely summers morning at 7, and folk are still in bed on my return around 10ish :wtf:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Davycc wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:My dad pre central heating used to get up at 05:30 every morning to get the fire going so the boiler heated up so the family could have a wash before school/work.
I remember my mother up early with a newspaper across the fireplace getting a draw going to light the fire.
I can remember a time when the newspaper caught fire and nearly burned the house down, still good old days :D
Scott
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Post by Scott »

My wife starts work at 7 so I'm usually up at 5.30 with her during the week. Try to be in bed by 10/10.30 most days with that in mind.