The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Selby White wrote:Mrs SW & myself are off to York with a couple of friends this afternoon on the train, going to do the Snickleways walk around the city which is likely to involve a few pit stops at the local Pubs.
Will finish with a nice meal somewhere :thumbup:
We’re planning a trip to York soon let us know where you eat please our personal favourite is La Vecchia Scuola in Lower Petergate.
Winner of the Europa League
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
Selby White wrote:Mrs SW & myself are off to York with a couple of friends this afternoon on the train, going to do the Snickleways walk around the city which is likely to involve a few pit stops at the local Pubs.
We’re planning a trip to York soon let us know where you eat please our personal favourite is La Vecchia Scuola in Lower Petergate.
We go there sometimes, that is the one in the building that was an Old Girls School on Low Petergate, agree really good.
We were talking about trying another Italian called Caesars on Goodramgate but will see what our friends fancy.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Selby White wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:
We go there sometimes, that is the one in the building that was an Old Girls School on Low Petergate, agree really good.
We were talking about trying another Italian called Caesars on Goodramgate but will see what our friends fancy.
Ended up doing a haunted Pub Crawl which zigzags you around the city passing everywhere with a ghostly history We actually grabbed a meal in one of the Pubs on the route.
Is 8 Pubs on the list but we only did 5, bypassed others due to time factor. Just good walk, couple of Pubs not been in before and lot of chat and laughs with friends.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

I received an email yesterday & have booked a newly refurbished hotel in the Peak District as a surprise for Sue. The restaurant has 2 Michelin stars & the meal is included so it should be decent. I’ll tell her the day before :D
Winner of the Europa League
psquithy
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by psquithy »

NottinghamWhite wrote:I received an email yesterday & have booked a newly refurbished hotel in the Peak District as a surprise for Sue. The restaurant has 2 Michelin stars & the meal is included so it should be decent. I’ll tell her the day before :D
Hope she doesn't look on here then
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Have been under the Doc for the past few weeks. Have had really bad breathlessness which results in a lot of lost sleep (wake up unable to breath - panic!) Had two X-rays and Doc phoned today to say 'fluid on the lung'. Got some tablets so hope it gets sorted. Don't fancy the 'draining' procedure which her indoors had last month. My sister also had it but managed to get away with tablets. Sounds like it runs in the family! Once the tablets start working, I reckon I'll sleep for a week!
Also had a bad cough, all Covid related stuff but have had several lateral flow tests and PCR tests, all negative.
I once played against Don Revie.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

johnh wrote:Have been under the Doc for the past few weeks. Have had really bad breathlessness which results in a lot of lost sleep (wake up unable to breath - panic!) Had two X-rays and Doc phoned today to say 'fluid on the lung'. Got some tablets so hope it gets sorted. Don't fancy the 'draining' procedure which her indoors had last month. My sister also had it but managed to get away with tablets. Sounds like it runs in the family! Once the tablets start working, I reckon I'll sleep for a week!
Also had a bad cough, all Covid related stuff but have had several lateral flow tests and PCR tests, all negative.
Take it easy Sir John.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Barlow Boy wrote:
johnh wrote:Have been under the Doc for the past few weeks. Have had really bad breathlessness which results in a lot of lost sleep (wake up unable to breath - panic!) Had two X-rays and Doc phoned today to say 'fluid on the lung'. Got some tablets so hope it gets sorted. Don't fancy the 'draining' procedure which her indoors had last month. My sister also had it but managed to get away with tablets. Sounds like it runs in the family! Once the tablets start working, I reckon I'll sleep for a week!
Take it easy Sir John.
Ditto.

You haven't got Lamparditis I hope, John :P
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

John you look after yourself. Hope the tablets work but if need be go with the procedure. I'm sure you had many a discomforting procedure during your time overseas :D

Stay well friend.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by LAsouthcoast »

I have a loss of sleep most nights but that is the other half snoring :) All the best John.