The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by Wigan White »

Davycc wrote:Was looking something to do today seeing as there was very little footy on so got engaged. Seeing the Minister on Monday and we've set the date for the end of July. Tracey's waited 16 years so there's no hanging about she says.
Congratulations Davy. :clap: :clap: :clap:
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Davycc wrote:Was looking something to do today seeing as there was very little footy on so got engaged. Seeing the Minister on Monday and we've set the date for the end of July. Tracey's waited 16 years so there's no hanging about she says.
G'man Davy. Well done sir :thumbup: :clap:
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Couldn't be more pleased, congratulations to you both. Hope you hit 63 years like we will this year!
I once played against Don Revie.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Thank you gents. John now that would be some kind of a record if we did :D I'd happily settle for half that.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

Hope this post is OK with the mods....

We're moving home again :roll: after having been promised a long term tenanacy 18 months ago.

Mrs MW is putting me under pressure to get rid of a lot of stuff; I''ve just been going through a box of VHS video cassettes, and whilst most of them will be taken to the tip I find it really hard to consign the LUFC ones to such an undignified fate. There are the official LUFC tapes but also amongst them is the complete recording of our 6-1 win at Hillsborough ~1991.

If anyone, by chance, has interest in them please DM me. They are offered for free with just a postage charge.

Thanks!

PS there may be DVD's too but I haven't got to them yet :lol:
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
Saxon
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by Saxon »

So I'm Allan Clarke's tissue supplier now. I never saw him using a tissue for anything although his shirt sleeves came down to his fingertips, ready made hankercheif on a cold day. :D I'm still giddy after yesterday.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

mapperleywhite wrote:Hope this post is OK with the mods....

We're moving home again :roll: after having been promised a long term tenanacy 18 months ago.

Mrs MW is putting me under pressure to get rid of a lot of stuff; I''ve just been going through a box of VHS video cassettes, and whilst most of them will be taken to the tip I find it really hard to consign the LUFC ones to such an undignified fate. There are the official LUFC tapes but also amongst them is the complete recording of our 6-1 win at Hillsborough ~1991.

If anyone, by chance, has interest in them please DM me. They are offered for free with just a postage charge.

Thanks!

MW just been through it. Got to be ruthless. It's amazing what you decided to keep in the past but don't need.
I once played against Don Revie.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Thanks!

No problem MW, hopefully, someone will find them useful. Nice gesture :clap:

We had a clear out a couple of years ago, and I took all our VHS videos to the charity shops. Apparently, that’s where folk who still use video cassettes buy them from now, you get them off your hands, someone gets to use them rather than them getting destroyed at the tip and the charity shops make a few quid :thumbup:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote:

Thanks!

No problem MW, hopefully, someone will find them useful. Nice gesture :clap:

We had a clear out a couple of years ago, and I took all our VHS videos to the charity shops. Apparently, that’s where folk who still use video cassettes buy them from now, you get them off your hands, someone gets to use them rather than them getting destroyed at the tip and the charity shops make a few quid :thumbup:
Still got mine and an old video machine but it's on its last legs so will be in the same situation soon.
It actually failed a few months back but gave it a bit of a service and got it going.
Good to watch the odd Leeds table but to be honest watch YouTube more, most of the ones I have are on there.

Great suggestion by BB to give to the Charity shop :thumbup:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

We've decided to move into the "Green World" :shock:

Ordered our next car which will be Electric :crazy:
Up to 6 month delivery.

Always enjoyed Scalextric as a kid :D

Anyone drive Electric on here ?
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.