Cashless society

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Cashless society

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Barlow Boy wrote:Taking it to the next level, my 23 year old lad uses his phone to pay for everything, just scans it like a card :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
Seen that plus train tickets on their iPhone. They’d be in trouble if the phone was lost because their whole existence rely’s on it.
Winner of the Europa League
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Selby White wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:Taking it to the next level, my 23 year old lad uses his phone to pay for everything, just scans it like a card :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
Gets worse BB seen a few people use their watch :shock:.
A watch :shock: :shock: :shock:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
Seen that plus train tickets on their iPhone. They’d be in trouble if the phone was lost because their whole existence rely’s on it.
Season tickets move to phones next season, really not looking forward to that.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

So it’s assumed that everyone has an iPhone.
Winner of the Europa League
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Selby White wrote:
Seen it more than once with my own eyes and apparently becoming more common. :crazy:

Not for me I'll add, use cards but not on my phone or watch.

Do download such as event or train tickets to the phone, but as Mrs SW and myself travel mostly together we do it to both phones just in case one gets lost or crashes :D
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Whatever happened to the farthing?
I once played against Don Revie.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Doesn't everyone.... I do. Dead easy it is too and a lifesaver when you forget your wallet.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

My lad has an internet bank account. Completely paperless, everything done on his phone. No trace anywhere of any bit of paper, statements or account details etc. Have PIN code and do every transaction on his mobile. Makes be uncomfortable just thinking about it :shock:
Keep The Faith / WAL
Scott
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Post by Scott »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Selby White wrote:
I use my phone or watch to pay for everything these days. Couldn’t tell you the last time my bank card saw the light of day :lol: :lol: just a quick bit of Face ID tech on the phone, a tap on the card machine and off you go. I’m all in on a cashless society, it’s just easier and quicker imo.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Barlow Boy wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:
Season tickets move to phones next season, really not looking forward to that.
Actually not that hard once you know what your doing, for the football here last season in Australia they used that process and it was very easy to be honest. As it was such a success they moved back to cards :o :lol:
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.