The Cricket Thread

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by PhoenixUnited »

Davycc wrote:Don't follow cricket as even posting about it make me want to go to sle
Feel the same about gol......f
Keep The Faith / WAL
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Am heading to Scarbados next week to watch YCCC v Surrey at North Marine Road all been well. What with Covid-19 it’s ages since I last attended a game. A lot that I sit with, usually have our same seats I only know by their christian names so it’ll be interesting who’s there. There’s Kenny, the Major, the Doctor, Ken, Stu, Ken ( Ben Coad’s dad ) Pete, Gerard & big Tony. We all have a lot of catching up to do. I love sitting with these guys & their wives as when the cricket gets boring talking changes to 1960’s TV etc. We sit in front of the away dressing room & there’s usually a bit of banter with the away players & coaches. Over the last few years we’ve had Alec Stewart, Mike Gatting & Kevin Sharp ( a Leeds lad & a supporter of the Mighty Whites ) come & join us for a laugh.
Winner of the Europa League
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

YCCC are through to the Blast quarter finals away at Surrey on Wednesday night I know a few guys who attend games at the Oval. The plan was to have a late lunch & then go to the ground. But we are missing Coad, Fisher ( injured ) Rashid ( away on a pilgrimage ) Root, Bairstow, Malan, Brook & Willey ( all on England duty ) so it looks very much like our team will consist of a lot of youngsters who frankly will get a drubbing.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

So here we are Yorkshire v India. Joe Root currently 77* & Jonny Bairstow 75*. England need 115 to win with 7 wickets in hand.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

What a fantastic run chase that was :clap:
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Great result, wouldn't have picked it by the end of day 2!

Bairstow is on fire with his batting.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

Mr Russell wrote:Great result, wouldn't have picked it by the end of day 2!
Bairstow is on fire with his batting.
India were in the driving seat at the end of day 3. At the end of day 4 they were in the dust watching England disappearing into the distance. Very good Test Match and tremendous performance from England :clap: :clap: :clap:
Keep The Faith / WAL
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Still buzzing from that amazing performance from Messers Root and Bairstow was an incredible watch. It became Yorkshire vs India with the White Rose triumphing :D
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

What a win last night for Yorkshire absolutely unbelievable stuff.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

NottinghamWhite wrote:What a win last night for Yorkshire absolutely unbelievable stuff.
I didn't watch it as you told us that Yorkshire were going to get thrashed :D

(I did watch it, I couldn't not after one of the commentators said 'And he's taking Surrey to the final!' after Overton had hit a 6 :lol: )