The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by NottinghamWhite »

We've upgraded to Aqua Class with Celebrity. This gives us fast track check in, a large balcony, separate restaurant, butler service and use of the leisure facilities. The food is excellent and plentiful, we are hooked on cruising and it's something everyone should try in my opinion.
Winner of the Europa League
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

NottinghamWhite wrote:We've upgraded to Aqua Class with Celebrity. This gives us fast track check in, a large balcony, separate restaurant, butler service and use of the leisure facilities. The food is excellent and plentiful, we are hooked on cruising and it's something everyone should try in my opinion.

Enjoy it mate. :thumbup:
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Pecky10
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Pecky10 »

johnh wrote:NW
Flight from East Midlands to Gatwick, Hire car to get to London then train down to Southampton - sorted. :D
You can train to Southamption from Gatwick, change at Portsmouth or Cosham :thumbup:
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Going out tonight for a curry again with friends, loads of beer and good food, knowing Cellino has won his appeal, for now, I'm not thinking the FL will appeal, it would look like they don't trust their own system and even worse, it would look like they would prefer one of the biggest clubs in England to go in to Administration again. Surely even they aren't that pig headed? Gonna have a Goooooood night tonight.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
mapperleywhite

Post by mapperleywhite »

Tonight the missus and I are going to a Chinese restaurant called Shanghai-Shanghai. It's one of quite a few in the city that cater to Nottingham's sizeable Chinese student population by providing traditional cooking a world away from the chow mein and industrial sweet & sour we know from take-aways. They specialize in the spicy aromatic cuisine of Szechuan (so why didn't they call it Szechuan-Szechuan?)

Having perused the menu on t'interweb I've found one dish which we'll be avoiding: Fu Kim fried rice with sauce - perhaps reserved for customers they don't like....?

Also, on a first visit we'll not be trying:

Pork lungs in chilli sauce
Squid tentacle with cumin
Dry fried pig's intestine

If anyone has had experience of Szechuan food I'd like to hear their opinions/experiences.
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

mapperleywhite wrote: Also, on a first visit we'll not be trying:

Sounds like a dish on Celebrity get me out of here :wtf:
mapperleywhite wrote: If anyone has had experience of Szechuan food I'd like to hear their opinions/experiences.
The Mrs is a veggie MW, but she has the Vegetable Szechuan and really likes it. I think it is supposed to be a spicy dish, but it's nowhere near say a Madras in Indian terms if you know what I mean. I personally go with the Garlic Chilli Beef, which can be a tad hot (dependent on the Chef of course).
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
mapperleywhite

Post by mapperleywhite »

mapperleywhite wrote:Tonight the missus and I are going to a Chinese restaurant called Shanghai-Shanghai. It's one of quite a few in the city that cater to Nottingham's sizeable Chinese student population by providing traditional cooking a world away from the chow mein and industrial sweet & sour we know from take-aways. They specialize in the spicy aromatic cuisine of Szechuan (so why didn't they call it Szechuan-Szechuan?)

Having perused the menu on t'interweb I've found one dish which we'll be avoiding: Fu Kim fried rice with sauce - perhaps reserved for customers they don't like....?

Also, on a first visit we'll not be trying:

If anyone has had experience of Szechuan food I'd like to hear their opinions/experiences.
Thanks BB - your description of the heat level was very accurate. Neither of us are Madras/vindaloo merchants, but we do enjoy a bit of spice and I have to say it was just right last night.

A real culinary treat. The fish in chilli oil was unlike anything I'd ever seen before and was magnificent. Roasted lamb bones doesn't sound very tempting, but it was delicious, loaded up with cumin. And the pigs ear with garlic was a new one for me (not my wife though). A bit like eating a tasty rubber band :lol:

The portions are enormous and we've got enough takeaway for another complete meal.

At the end we both had a nice, satisfying chilli glow in our mouths. A great meal.
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

I know no one will care but I've just watched the International Space Station pass overhead.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Taking my son to Leeds Uni today, he's hoping to get in to do Criminology, he smashed his A levels.
+15
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by +15 »

Davycc wrote:I know no one will care but I've just watched the International Space Station pass overhead.
That wasn't the International Space Station, it was the team wage bill going past.