UKIP closing in on the Tories.

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: UKIP closing in on the Tories.

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

UKIP only take votes away from the tories which is no bad thing if the tories dont get in.

Saying that labour are worse than the tories as Blair's bankers are there for all to see.

Still just hope that we vote for independance and get shot of the lot of them.
big jon
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by big jon »

Barlow Boy wrote:
SiMamu wrote:I'm going to be able to vote in the next general election :crazy:
I'm ashamed to say, I don't even bother anymore :cry:
I dont bother either these days, I guess I'm cynical, most of the MP's are in it for themselves. But I did smile when Farage gave that Euro Boss a slating and to see the faces on the others :lol:
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

SCOTTISH LEEDS wrote:UKIP only take votes away from the tories which is no bad thing if the tories dont get in.

Saying that labour are worse than the tories as Blair's bankers are there for all to see.

Still just hope that we vote for independance and get shot of the lot of them.
SCOTTISH LEEDS, Alex Salmond!!!!!!!!!!!!? :shock: (not to mention his female sidekick who makes Trigger look like Einstein.)
I once played against Don Revie.
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Mellor »

Aces wrote:
Mellor wrote:Any idea what UKIP would do to rescue the NHS now waiting lists are rising again, worst they've been for many years and Cameron has wasted millions on administrative reform.

What's UKIPs line on food banks, Britain as third world state? Is it simply exit the EU and all will be well.

I find it inconceivable that anyone can take Farago seriously. But they do, worryingly.

This is what happens when politicians neglect the silent majority, on this occasion Lincolnshire.
They HAVE neglected the majority mate, just how anyone can vote for any of them anymore I don't know, I was going to abstain, but instead I'm going to vote UKIP and I think many, many more will do the same. I haven't had a pay rise for 5 years, but still the feckless bankers keep getting their huge bonuses, it's enough for folk to spit feathers.
But Farage says the Tories haven't cut enough so why would you want him in power as the answer to your 5 year (public sector?) pay freeze. He also wants to go after what's left of pensions. Mindst, listening to him he doesn't actually know what he wants in the broader sense. He just throws out sound bites.

Just out of interest Farage openly admits that he never even read his party's last manifesto, neither did the UKIP leader at the time apparently. Someone asked what had happened to the monster raving loony party. They clearly morphed into a racist, short sighted, single issue bunch called UKIP who prey on immigration fears. Still I suppose the NHS doesn't matter, may as well let Farage loose on it. We can all go private. Job done.

For some reason I can't get Blue Oyster Cult out of my head.

Anyone seriously interested in voting UKIP might want to read this:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/kieran- ... 50602.html

I expect the bankers will still be fine under UKIP. The rest of us though, ordinary folk. Don't think so.
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

If I don't get a pay rise from UKIP it will only be the same as under the Tories mate. As for my pension, it's bomb proof, I'm in to my last few years and it would effect me. The NHS has lurched from one disaster to another crisis, to another disaster, they don't have much to beat on that score. They are all bent, corrupt, untrustworthy, I just want them to have a huge kick up the backside, by suffering the consequences of a huge protest vote and get them thinking about just how bad they behave.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Mellor wrote:
Aces wrote:
Mellor wrote:Any idea what UKIP would do to rescue the NHS now waiting lists are rising again, worst they've been for many years and Cameron has wasted millions on administrative reform.

What's UKIPs line on food banks, Britain as third world state? Is it simply exit the EU and all will be well.

I find it inconceivable that anyone can take Farago seriously. But they do, worryingly.

This is what happens when politicians neglect the silent majority, on this occasion Lincolnshire.
They HAVE neglected the majority mate, just how anyone can vote for any of them anymore I don't know, I was going to abstain, but instead I'm going to vote UKIP and I think many, many more will do the same. I haven't had a pay rise for 5 years, but still the feckless bankers keep getting their huge bonuses, it's enough for folk to spit feathers.
But Farage says the Tories haven't cut enough so why would you want him in power as the answer to your 5 year (public sector?) pay freeze. He also wants to go after what's left of pensions. Mindst, listening to him he doesn't actually know what he wants in the broader sense. He just throws out sound bites.

Just out of interest Farage openly admits that he never even read his party's last manifesto, neither did the UKIP leader at the time apparently. Someone asked what had happened to the monster raving loony party. They clearly morphed into a racist, short sighted, single issue bunch called UKIP who prey on immigration fears. Still I suppose the NHS doesn't matter, may as well let Farage loose on it. We can all go private. Job done.

For some reason I can't get Blue Oyster Cult out of my head.

Anyone seriously interested in voting UKIP might want to read this:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/kieran- ... 50602.html

I expect the bankers will still be fine under UKIP. The rest of us though, ordinary folk. Don't think so.
On the above article, the author makes the following statement on the EU. 'The EU is a DEMOCRATIC (my capitals) confederation of countries'.
Sums it up really.
I once played against Don Revie.
RamseyWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by RamseyWhite »

For me there is nothing wrong in delivering a protest vote or a tactical vote, anyone has the right to vote for who they like for whatever reason.
UKIP has to be take seriously & I suspect they might well become the 3rd largest party at some point.
Not sure if we still are but Ramsey was the only place in the UK to have a UKIP controlled council & I have to admit that they have done a pretty good job for the Town compared to the previous Tory incumbents.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

I see he knives are coming out for Farage, he's being attacked from all sides, the corrupt politicians, the biased newspapers, the News stations blood hound reporters. He must be getting all of them worried, they should be, he's on the March.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Mellor

Post by Mellor »

I'm sure Farage's German wife can find a way through UKIPs hypocrisy :D
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
mapperleywhite

Post by mapperleywhite »

Aces wrote:I see he knives are coming out for Farage, he's being attacked from all sides, the corrupt politicians, the biased newspapers, the News stations blood hound reporters. He must be getting all of them worried, they should be, he's on the March.
The interview with Nick Robinson was as sharp a piece of confrontation as I've seen for a while. I hadn't yet seen Farage on the defensive so much.

You could argue that Robinson's premise was incorrect, ie we're too far down the line of Europeans coming and living here......as they've always done actually, history tells us. A German wife is totally unremarkable these days and hardly the basis for putting a political leader on the spot.

Farage - whose origins are French - handled the situation well.
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....