Oscar Pistorius, Guilty? Or Not Guilty?

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Re: Oscar Pistorius, Guilty? Or Not Guilty?

Post by johnh »

The prosecution have claimed that Pistorious appears unstable but the defence claim they sorted it with a couple of beer mats.
I once played against Don Revie.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

johnh wrote:The prosecution have claimed that Pistorious appears unstable but the defence claim they sorted it with a couple of beer mats.

Funny that mate. :thumbup:

What isn't funny, is there seems no real evidence to prove he did it on purpose and I feel he's going to walk.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Pecky10
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Pecky10 »

Aces wrote:What isn't funny, is there seems no real evidence to prove he did it on purpose and I feel he's going to walk.
Slightly unfortunate turn of phrase, that mate - nearly as bad as the SA newspaper who the day after he started to testify ran a headline saying "All I smell is blood" with, on the opposing page, an advertorial titled "Make your bathroom look nicer" :wtf:

Been an interesting couple of days; no idea how it will spin out at this time. Of course the lack of evidence (and the evidence by his closest neighbours which the state has ignored in favour of ones much further away which they prefer!) might suggest he's not guilty of pre-meditated murder. Just a thought. Lots still to come out I think.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Pecky10 wrote:
Aces wrote:What isn't funny, is there seems no real evidence to prove he did it on purpose and I feel he's going to walk.
Slightly unfortunate turn of phrase, that mate - nearly as bad as the SA newspaper who the day after he started to testify ran a headline saying "All I smell is blood" with, on the opposing page, an advertorial titled "Make your bathroom look nicer" :wtf:

Been an interesting couple of days; no idea how it will spin out at this time. Of course the lack of evidence (and the evidence by his closest neighbours which the state has ignored in favour of ones much further away which they prefer!) might suggest he's not guilty of pre-meditated murder. Just a thought. Lots still to come out I think.
I don't expect anything concrete coming out to prove he's guilty, or innocent. I thought there would be some evidence of Reeva having an affair, which would be a reason as to why he killed her, but there's nothing, just 4 text out of 1700 saying anything bad about him. It is one if those cases that the only two people who know the truth are Oscar and Reeva.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Everyday when I watch the trial, I'm staggered just how many stupid person ups there is by the police, take yesterday for instance, Harry Nel seemed to have Oscar on the ropes with the picture of Reevas jeans turned inside out thrown on the floor, he said this showed she was trying to get away from him, because they were arguing. It did look like compelling evidence, not concrete, but at last something that had a bit of bite on him, but ........ Barry Rue then showed the court another picture of the same pair of jeans, not turned inside out and folded neatly, Eh? WTF are the police doing? They have completely messed up the crime scene and to me the only way he will be found guilty is the fact it's a judge sitting who will decide on the verdict, no jury in the world would convict him over the things the bent coppers have done and not one witness for the prosecution has been really credible, the best one was that women who argued with Barry Rue, adamantly insisting she heard Reeva screaming after she heard the shots, when she was actually dead. The murdering rat is going to get off with this and I think that was the polices plan all along, to bollox everything up, to help him, with him being an African sporting legend
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Aces wrote:Everyday when I watch the trial, I'm staggered just how many stupid person ups there is by the police, take yesterday for instance, Harry Nel seemed to have Oscar on the ropes with the picture of Reevas jeans turned inside out thrown on the floor, he said this showed she was trying to get away from him, because they were arguing. It did look like compelling evidence, not concrete, but at last something that had a bit of bite on him, but ........ Barry Rue then showed the court another picture of the same pair of jeans, not turned inside out and folded neatly, Eh? WTF are the police doing? They have completely messed up the crime scene and to me the only way he will be found guilty is the fact it's a judge sitting who will decide on the verdict, no jury in the world would convict him over the things the bent coppers have done and not one witness for the prosecution has been really credible, the best one was that women who argued with Barry Rue, adamantly insisting she heard Reeva screaming after she heard the shots, when she was actually dead. The murdering rat is going to get off with this and I think that was the polices plan all along, to bollox everything up, to help him, with him being an African sporting leg end
Are you sure that's what you meant? Sorry he's as guilty as sin, and will walk.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

I think he will get off with it, mostly because of the politics of it all, the rich look after the rich over there and him being a superstar rich guy, a sporting hero, I will be surprised if he's found guilty, especially on the little evidence there is and with what the police have done.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Winner of the Europa League
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Funny that NW, it was reported that Reeva had an empty bladder which would show she had, had a wee before Oscar shot her, which would indicate if she was terrified after an argument and run to the toilet to hide, she wouldn't have had a wee, but the likelihood is that she hadn't had an argument and was just going to the toilet to have a wee in a relaxed manner. Like I say my gut feeling is he deliberately shot her, but there's little evidence to prove he did and being a SA sports star, I will be shocked if Malady Judge finds him guilty.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Well the trial is back on after a long break and it's the defence witnesses who are in the witness stand and they are painting a good picture for Pistorius. To be fair, the prosecution witnesses helped him tremendously as well, saying they heard Reeva screaming after she was dead and that there were definitely another volley of gun shots, after the first three or four, when there were only four. Then the evidence with the door, where the copper Bhota left his footprint on it and the expert didn't account for a mark on it, which was Pistorius's prosphtethic. Then the photos, what a mess they made of them, moving all sorts of items and not being able to account for why. It's been a catalogue of errors by the prosecutions witnesses, not that it's Gerry Nels fault, the people gathering the evidence against Pistorius have served him up a dogs dinner and he's tried his hardest with it, even getting Pistorius to look stupid at times in the witness box, but ...... If he is found guilty on the evidence served up, it will be a miracle, or more like a stitch up, which could still happen, but I doubt it. I still think he did it in a fit of rage, but there little or no evidence, no killer blow, nothing that stands out to me as a Eureka moment, that proves beyond doubt he is guilty. Malady Judge has the eyes of the world on her when she makes this judgement and the South Africa rich and powerful will be ever present at the back of her mind when assessing the evidence and just how she will justify a guilty verdict against the Darling of South African sport, I don't know.