How the other half see things.........

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Re: How the other half see things.........

Post by Mellor »

I feel pretty much the same about Kate Bush as you do about Agas.
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
Spiderman
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by Spiderman »

Mellor wrote: I've been reading The Observer for 40 years :D
Slow reader then? :D
Mellor

Post by Mellor »

Spiderman wrote:
Mellor wrote: I've been reading The Observer for 40 years :D
Slow reader then? :D
Have the miners returned to work? ;)
attacco decente
Deleted User 2747

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

Sniffer wrote:
Frankie wrote:Some may find this funny or some may want to cry, it comes from the Guardian comments page (where I comment sometimes) regarding the cost of living and living standards.

I used to get the Grauniad every day, Frankie. Then I just got the Saturday edition, and now...? It has become a horrible mixture of a politics I believe in and an acquisitive culture that makes me sick. It is clearly pandering to the guilty middle-class, people that have money but have a "social conscience". The Saturday supplements are full of holidays you or I couldn't even dream about and clothes the cost of which would give a Yorkshireman a heart seizure.

I know what you mean.
Deleted User 2747

For me, it is bad enough that the rich get richer at everyone else's expense, but then to blame those who aren't so fortunate/greedy for their own predicament is just :twisted: ! - Makes me spit feathers!
Deleted User 2

Post by Deleted User 2 »

Frankie wrote:For me, it is bad enough that the rich get richer at everyone else's expense, but then to blame those who aren't so fortunate/greedy for their own predicament is just :twisted: ! - Makes me spit feathers!
Is that an interpretation of my post?
Deleted User 2747

Bogdan wrote:
Frankie wrote:For me, it is bad enough that the rich get richer at everyone else's expense, but then to blame those who aren't so fortunate/greedy for their own predicament is just :twisted: ! - Makes me spit feathers!
Is that an interpretation of my post?

Not sure what you mean, but no, I am not referring to your post, just to my own feelings.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

I think it annoys most Frankie, the rich getting richer, most of the working class men and women haven't had a pay rise for 5 years, Cameron said, "We are all in this together" he then cut the top rate of tax by 5% and then gave MPs an 11% pay rise! Yeah Right Dave.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Mellor

Post by Mellor »

Frankie wrote:
Sniffer wrote:
Frankie wrote:Some may find this funny or some may want to cry, it comes from the Guardian comments page (where I comment sometimes) regarding the cost of living and living standards.

I used to get the Grauniad every day, Frankie. Then I just got the Saturday edition, and now...? It has become a horrible mixture of a politics I believe in and an acquisitive culture that makes me sick. It is clearly pandering to the guilty middle-class, people that have money but have a "social conscience". The Saturday supplements are full of holidays you or I couldn't even dream about and clothes the cost of which would give a Yorkshireman a heart seizure.

I know what you mean.
I'm confused now. Are people better off or not has turned into folk who read the Guardian are guilty middle class individuals with pots of money to spend on things like range cookers, fancy holidays and posh clothes they have no business to be spending their money on? Aga of course is a long established British firm I think with cookers in farm houses the length and breadth of the country. Personally I favour the induction hob which presumably places me somewhere to the right of Genghis Khan :D

Tell you what I do find strange, generalisation. We're all individuals. There's all sorts own Agas, like a decent suit or save up for the holiday of a lifetime. The Guardian, the middle class are not the enemy. Judgement rather than understanding would however be high up on my list of bad stuff along with simplification of complex problems (i.e if we leave Europe everything will be alright).
attacco decente
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Mellor, don't you think if immigration was controlled, cut down to say about 20,000 skilled workers coming in per year and Europe stopped interfering with us, telling our government what they can and can't do, then not many would be wanting to actually leave?

Why don't they just sort this out? Shouldn't be that hard to do.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT