Airline disasters

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Pecky10
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Re: The missing Malaysian aircraft

Post by Pecky10 »

I'll try to find it but the article essentially said that a fire in the cockpit would have the same effect of seemingly manually disabling stuff and priority is not to issue a mayday but to try to get away from a crash causing further damage, ie turning to the ocean.

All makes sense and that was a week or more before they started to find debris - in the ocean.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Pecky10 wrote:I'll try to find it but the article essentially said that a fire in the cockpit would have the same effect of seemingly manually disabling stuff and priority is not to issue a mayday but to try to get away from a crash causing further damage, ie turning to the ocean.

All makes sense and that was a week or more before they started to find debris - in the ocean.
That might be correct, but the Malaysian guy said the trackers being turned off could only have been by sabotage and if what you say is right, it's probably one of a number of reasons why the relatives are so enraged by them.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Pecky10
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Pecky10 »

As I said, the article was written by an airline pilot who knows about flying aeroplanes and how things work, not a PR person potentially trying to hide possible outcomes which would damage the reputation of an airline, such as a fire....
Deleted User 2

Post by Deleted User 2 »

Pecky10 wrote:As I said, the article was written by an airline pilot who knows about flying aeroplanes and how things work, not a PR person potentially trying to hide possible outcomes which would damage the reputation of an airline, such as a fire....
Without any debris, let alone the black boxes, I don't think anyone's necessarily trying to cover up anything at the moment. Although the whole things seems to have badly managed on a PR level by the airline. Then again, no one's been confronted with anything of the kind before. The relatives demand answers, but the search team knows there might not be answers to give for months or even years still to come. Everything else is just speculation at the moment

Here's a roundup of some of the theories and how none of them is too reliable at the moment

Every Popular Theory You’ve Heard About Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 And Why They’re Probably Wrong
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Pecky10 wrote:I'll try to find it but the article essentially said that a fire in the cockpit would have the same effect of seemingly manually disabling stuff and priority is not to issue a mayday but to try to get away from a crash causing further damage, ie turning to the ocean.

I read the article. It said the priorities in a fire situation are: Fly the plane, Navigate, Communicate - in that order. If the problem is bad enough the first two priorities may result in the third not happening.

Can't see many people flying Malaysia Airlines any time soon.
I once played against Don Revie.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Have they found anything at all yet????
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
mis
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by mis »

Mate, i'm afraid not at all..
This is really a very very strange & sad case. They can't even find one piece of debris!
Aces wrote:Have they found anything at all yet????
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

According to reports this morning, fresh 'ping' signals have been found by the underwater trawl. They now have to 'triangulate' the signals. A spokesman said they think they are close to finding the plane.
I once played against Don Revie.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

johnh wrote:According to reports this morning, fresh 'ping' signals have been found by the underwater trawl. They now have to 'triangulate' the signals. A spokesman said they think they are close to finding the plane.
Hope so mate, the families need to grieve, it's been horrendous for them.
mis
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by mis »

Malaysia PM to release MH370 report next week.. The aircraft is still missing!

:roll:

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asi ... 82542.html