Tour De France

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
The Johnson
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Re: Tour De France

Post by The Johnson »

It would have been historic for a Kiwi to take out the stage. He has been all over the media down here, looks absolutely gutted. As he said, it was his lifetime dream 7 rotations of the pedals away.
Mellor

Post by Mellor »

The Johnson wrote:It would have been historic for a Kiwi to take out the stage. He has been all over the media down here, looks absolutely gutted. As he said, it was his lifetime dream 7 rotations of the pedals away.
I could have cried for him myself. Having put in so much effort to miss out as he did was heartbreaking. Also put in perspective how hard and how important a stage win is. Let's hope he gets another opportunity.
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
Mellor

Post by Mellor »

Kiwi couldn't but Aussie could. Cracking ride by Michael Rogers in the Pyrenees. Give the bloke a Foster's. Overwhelmed to win his first ever stage.
attacco decente
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Mellor wrote:Kiwi couldn't but Aussie could. Cracking ride by Michael Rogers in the Pyrenees. Give the bloke a Foster's. Overwhelmed to win his first ever stage.
No true Aussie drinks Fosters anymore ;)
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Mellor

Post by Mellor »

Mr Russell wrote:
Mellor wrote:Kiwi couldn't but Aussie could. Cracking ride by Michael Rogers in the Pyrenees. Give the bloke a Foster's. Overwhelmed to win his first ever stage.
Still used to clean toilet bowls and gutters of a weekend over here ;)
attacco decente
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Mellor wrote:
Mr Russell wrote:
Still used to clean toilet bowls and gutters of a weekend over here ;)
:lol:
Thats why we send it overseas (Europe mainly)
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Mellor

Post by Mellor »

Only two Poles have ever won a TDF stage and both have been on the same mountain top finish at Saint-Lary Pla d'Adet. Beautiful terrain in the Pyrenees. Shortest stage today, but very severe. I have no idea what might have happened had Contador (whose team are doing well without him unlike Sky who have completely blown up) and Froome survived but should he finish in yellow on the Champs Elyse on Sunday, Nibali will be a worthy winner and Majka, today's stage winner, a worthy winner of the king of the mountains. What an excellent tour this is. Excellent cycling in Glasgow to follow. It's nice to enjoy sport for its own sake, a refreshing change from the negativity of lufc.
attacco decente
daib0
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by daib0 »

thanks for updates as ever, Mellor ...
A friendly Reading FC fan! He is a moderator here: http://www.extremefootballforum.com/forum
Mellor

Post by Mellor »

Didn't manage to catch the last couple of stages but today was great. Kittel is a beast in the sprints and took a deserved victory.

I'm gonna miss the Tour.

Vos was great and is pretty much invincible, in the women's race. A superb athlete.

Laura Trott was fantastic to take gold in the points race in the Velodrome as well. Next up the road and Wiggo :thumbup:
attacco decente
daib0
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by daib0 »

thanks once again for the great updates :clap: :clap:
A friendly Reading FC fan! He is a moderator here: http://www.extremefootballforum.com/forum