Worth watching on telly

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Deleted User 728

Re: Worth watching on telly

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Si.
The show is mediaeval, so life expectancy was shorter, people would naturally marry, have sex and bear children much younger in life.
There was no formal schooling in those days and you'd be put to work on the land as soon as you were big and strong enough as a man, or be tasked with "more feminine" work if you were a woman.

I don't think you should be shocked - it's just a practicality and a fact and it's still happening in the third world.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

rigger wrote:Si.
The show is mediaeval, so life expectancy was shorter, people would naturally marry, have sex and bear children much younger in life.
There was no formal schooling in those days and you'd be put to work on the land as soon as you were big and strong enough as a man, or be tasked with "more feminine" work if you were a woman.

I don't think you should be shocked - it's just a practicality and a fact and it's still happening in the third world.
I understand that in medieval times marriage came much earlier. It's not necessarily shocking, but it certainly makes one think. I know life expectancy was shorter, but death never sits well with me in any show - Doctor Who irks me with its unneeded deaths.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Deleted User 728

SiMamu wrote:Doctor Who irks me with its unneeded deaths
Stay away from 24, mate :D
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

The Game of Thrones theme song though, far too long. I've complained in the past about theme songs being too short, now they just show the title and that's it, but GoT's takes the Michael and is about a minute and a half. If one was to watch that on a laggy stream online, just getting through the buffering of that would be a task.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Also, it's nice to see that Owen Hargreaves has found work post-retirement on Game of Thrones ;).
Deleted User 728

SiMamu wrote:Also, it's nice to see that Owen Hargreaves has found work post-retirement on Game of Thrones ;).

Not even funny :thumbup:
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

rigger wrote:
What a coincidence, just watched the first 2 episodes of 24, sorry going against 99% of views I can't get into it. Straight away a German photographer on his way to a photo shoot with a senator (whom the agencies know is at a high risk) has his ID stolen on the plane which then is blown up in mid air. Viola a look-a-like assassin is then put in place for the photo shoot. Unless theres a twist in the next episodes I would have thought the inteligence agencies would have realised it would be a tad difficult for a dead photographer to show up at a photo shoot. Then The Senator whilst in his hotel room surrounded by staff and security personnel disappears and is able to make his way undetected down the fire stairs.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

SiMamu wrote:Also, it's nice to see that Owen Hargreaves has found work post-retirement on Game of Thrones ;).
Very good
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 728

Davycc wrote:
rigger wrote:
What a coincidence, just watched the first 2 episodes of 24, sorry going against 99% of views I can't get into it. Straight away a German photographer on his way to a photo shoot with a senator (whom the agencies know is at a high risk) has his ID stolen on the plane which then is blown up in mid air. Viola a look-a-like assassin is then put in place for the photo shoot. Unless theres a twist in the next episodes I would have thought the inteligence agencies would have realised it would be a tad difficult for a dead photographer to show up at a photo shoot. Then The Senator whilst in his hotel room surrounded by staff and security personnel disappears and is able to make his way undetected down the fire stairs.
Stick with it.
Trust me.
At least watch three or four more then it should click for you ...
Holt Park Loyal
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by Holt Park Loyal »

Davycc wrote:
rigger wrote:
Agreed, didnt look at it as deeply as you though Davy, I just didnt enjoy it! Maybe it was hyped up too much so I was expecting something different? Not sure. I did the same thing with Dexter, watched 3/4 episodes and havent stuck with it!