The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by Mr Russell »

Mellor wrote:
Mr Russell wrote:Thanks to all who sent their best wishes, much appreciated.

My father will have a heart MRI on Tuesday and hoping for the op on Wednesday which would mean they can come home by next weekend (fingers crossed).
I wish him well and you all the very best.
It appears they have put the op back until Thursday so the earliest they can come home would be Sunday.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Just had a phone call from a Leeds accounts agency telling me i have a Job interview in Birstall on Monday at 10am with an accounts practice.

Big decision is do i come down on saturday and go to the game.

Looks like i may have to change my name from scottish leeds.

:D
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Presumably that's good news mate, all the best for the interview :thumbup: .

I'm there on Saturday, albeit my tickets have got "lost in the post" so I have to now go and collect them at some point, but by hook or by crook we will be there.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
SCOTTISH LEEDS

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Cheers BB.

I have been working one day a week since Easter and looking for a job up here and getting no where.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

SCOTTISH LEEDS wrote:I have been working one day a week since Easter
That sounds perfect to me :D, but I appreciate it's all relevant to everyone's personal circumstances.

If you do move down though, don't change the name I have enough trouble keeping track of everyone's avatar :oops:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
dlw10

Post by dlw10 »

Well, our little holiday to the Hungarian Grand Prix has turned into a bit of a disaster. Great day in Budapest on Friday, then two excellent days at the circuit including one of the best F1 races of all time. Monday morning we set off walking across the old bridge...Mrs W decides to dash across the road for some reason only known to her...and in her haste she trips and falls. It could have been so very much worse of course as the traffic was hurtling by. As it was we thought she had got away with a bit of a shock but then she passed out on me. we got her back to our hotel and it was clear something was wrong so we got the hotel to get us a doctor....a rare thing in Hungary apparently and the Government advice is not to get hotels involved but to call an ambulance and the state system there will treat you as a domicile if you have an EU insurance card which we did. Are we glad we did get the hotel involved though. A fantastic doctor arrived an hour later and very quickly surmised that she had either dislocated or broken a shoulder and had done some damage to her left foot. He cost us £135 but he then got us a driver to take us to the hospital where he arranged for us to be seen by a doctor he knew and recommended which he said was vital as Hungarian hospitals were "not like yours in the Uk". Boy was he right - it was dire, just like an army field hospital or something from Mash!. Anyway, we were guided through the queues of Hugarians and were immediately seen by the doctor: x rays were taken on a machine that you would only find in a museum over here - I was sent to a little bunker to protect me! (It was at this point that I started to fret about Mrs W being abducted and me being gassed in the little bunker!). But all was well and the x rays showed the fracture of the shoulder. They then recommended we get back to the UK ASAP as they felt we would get more "certain" treatment here!. Again we had to pay over some cash and then the driver took us to the pharmacy for some painkillers. Back at the hotel and we had to pay the driver of course. I then got onto the nice people at Jet2.com to see if there was any way we could get back to the UK before our booked flight on Wednesday evening. It was already 4pm (she had fallen at 11:10am) but the people of Jet2 were fantastic and got us a flight for that very evening if we could make it to the airport in time for a 7:35pm flight! We packed in 5minutes flat checked out of the hotel and got a taxi all by 4:30!!!!!And the rest is history. We arrived at A and E this morning and they confirmed the shoulder fracture and a fractured toe!
The good news is that I have already had a very good conversation (a la McDermott) with the travel Insurance people who seem to be very understanding and helpfull and that will be my task tomorrow to fill in the forms! ....but you know what really has annoyed me....if we had got back a few hours earlier I might have been able to get a ticket for the Swindon game!!!!!!!!!......OK, that last bit was only a joke folks just in case Mrs W finds out I said it! Anyway, I am back a couple of days early and looking forward to the Dundee game on Saturday when I can have a break from the carer, cook, maid role that I am stuck with for the next few weeks!!
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Sorry to hear that mate, I hope she recovers quickly.

On a lighter note, if you want me to send my wife round to cook and clean for you and bring in the coal, just ask mate. :D
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Blimey Dave, makes my little moan about my Dundee tickets getting lost in the post a bit futile now :oops: .

Needless to say, I hope Mrs W recovers well.
dlw10

Post by dlw10 »

Thanks guys - the prognosis is a full recovery but it will take at least six weeks and then probably physio. But we will take that against what might have been. No more on this from me.....this is a football forum and I need the distraction from my domestic chores!
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Hope she recovers DLW, No more trips to Hungary (no pun intended) i take?
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.