Friday night

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Friday night

Post by Davycc »

So who does what on a Friday night? Theres never anyone on here. Scully and Mulder need to investigate.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: Friday night

Post by dlw10 »

Well I have just got back from the New Vic Theatre in Newcastle u lyme with Mrs W. Got roped in to two tickets for a show by some people in our village. Actually it was a decent night out - the show was called Eric and Cleopatra. It was basically a loose story about Cleopatra, acted out in a comedy manner by a group of about ten actors. Then, every now and then they would all take up their instruments and play rock and roll numbers from the 60s !Apparently this group have been doing this for ten years or more - the one guy writes the story and then he gathers enough musicians to play the numbers. Sounds weird I know but it worked on a very "lets have a laugh and a dance" basis. The New Vic is also a circular theatre with the floor in the middle so the audience sits all around the "stage" which is a bit different and it is only very small as theatres go. So, not my usual Friday night out but very interesting! Now it is head down and up early to drive down to Watford tomorrow.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

I've been in watching the first two episodes of the Village with my wife. We like it, it shows how grim it was a 100 years ago and makes you realise how lucky we are. I haven't had a drink, because I'm waiting to pick my daughter and her boyfriend up in Leeds, they have been to the Leeds festival for the day.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

I've just got in from The Joiners here in Southampton where I went to see The Smyths, an excellent Smiths tribute band :D

I am stone cold sober, drove to the gig and took my very drunk mate home afterwards.
The reason being, I have a friend coming down tomorrow all the way from Easingwold, out past York - Bugsy from "the other" site if any of you know him - and he's picking his brother up from London on the way as they're both staying at my place for the weekend because we're going to a Blues, Bangers and Beer festival at a brewery pub in town. It's called The Platform and has the best beers in, well, probably the whole of the south I'd say. They're a live music bar anyway, but to add artisan sausages to the mix just makes the whole thing perfect. We've got a table booked for four of us at 6pm and my mate's blues band are on at 9pm ... it's gonna be a messy weekend !
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Just got in from picking my daughter up from Leeds Fest. She's had a fantastic time, she loved Papa Roach and Blink 182, but she's absolutely knackered, :-)
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

rigger wrote:The reason being, I have a friend coming down tomorrow all the way from Easingwold, out past York - Bugsy from "the other" site if any of you know him
Believe I have had the pleasure of meeting him, wasn't he with you near the Don Revie statue that time ?.

Did he not transfer over here ?.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Deleted User 728

That's right, BB, you did meet him that day. He's the big "bear" of a man who's actually a social worker in the Northallerton area.
Proper gentle giant, you know ?

I think he did register here but he's just not very active online with anything anymore. He qualified for his new career less than a year ago and it's pretty intense as you can imagine so I just don't think he's got time, though he was one of the most active people on the old forum.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

All them that joined from t'other forum have all stopped visiting here they must have an active community somewhere now, shame because some of them could have brought a lot to the table here. Anyone got a link ?
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 728

I'll ask him today.

I don't think that's necessarily true about having an active community somewhere else as I'm still in touch with a load of them - Wern, Terry, Joy, Sue and Matt, for example - and most of the comms we have are through Facebook now.
I know Joy and Wern have lost a bit of interest in the whole forum thing along with Bugsy, while young Matt has been away in Italy and Germany for a year at Uni and is actually a member here. Not so sure about Sue though as I haven't seen or spoken to her for ages now. I see Terry a lot as he's only about an hour from me and he can't be arsed with the forum thing either.
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

I've met Bugsy, at Wembley of all places, good bloke.