The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Just 24 more new members & we hit 3000. Let's hope they are Leeds fans & not kitchen fitters :twisted:
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 1022

Post by Deleted User 1022 »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Just 24 more new members & we hit 3000. Let's hope they are Leeds fans & not kitchen fitters :twisted:
:clap: :clap: :lol: :clap: :clap:
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Ashley Youngs new sponsor :D

Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Returned from my trip to Bali yesterday and yes i'm still alive ;)

No idea if anyones been to that part of the world or wants to go but it was a worth while experience, not the best place i've visited but far from the worst. From Sydney it takes 6 hrs to get there which the flight was smooth (Garuda is a good airline with helpful staff). Each day was 30+ degrees without the humidity which we sometimes get in Oz.
We stayed at the Grand Inna Kuta hotel which was right on the beach and about 15 mins from the airport, the traffic there is crazy but it runs on organised chaos and never saw an accident at all (its usually the foreigners who cause the accidents), we drove past the memorial for the bali bombings (back in 2002 and i think 2004?) and the where one of the bombs went off in Paddy's bar which is popular place for the Aussies.
Hotel was comfortable and clean without been amazing although the sunken bar in the pool was indeed a really nice place to relax. Under the hotel is a bar and restaurant which i'm going to give a big thumbs up to, its called Headquarters HQ and the manager is a Pom called Barry who is a Luton Town fan and thanks to him he kept me informed all all things Leeds whilst i was there, him and his staff were fantastic and the food was cheap and excellent so if you ever go there take a look and tell him i sent you :thumbup:
The food in general on the island is superb especially if your a seafood or fruit fan, the meat is imported from Australia so it should be decent as well.
Places we visited was Kuta (where we stayed), Seminyak, Denpensar, Sanur and some smaller villages in the North.
Also went to the Bali bird park which has birds from around the world (Asia, South America, Australia etc) and Luwak Coffee plantation where you got to taste various coffee's and Teas, i never thought i would say coconut coffee was my favourite but it was.
For those worried about Bali been dirty, it ain't but it does have it slums in certain areas and the streets were nice and clean except for little boxes on the floor filled with with flowers which is a custom for the Hindu religion, whilst we were there it was their independence day as well which goes for 2 weeks (lucky buggers).
Bali does have some some Irish and English bars and i did visit one of them called Gracie Kelly's, there are another 3 of them on the island, so maybe next time.
ok all sounds positive dosen't it so the bad parts for me - getting out of the airport was a nightmare and if we hadn't asked a lady from the Central Coast (45 mins from Newcastle) for her advice we would still have been there today, luckily for us her driver agreed to take us to our hotel and was our driver for our holiday, having a driver in Bali is a huge bonus. It was like a plague coming at you at the airport as taxi drivers flocked from everywhere :crazy: . The other part was shopping and having to barter for items you want to buy and it can make shopping a more annoying activity than it already is, it drove me up the wall so be prepared.

so will i go back.........................................there's a chance next May ;)
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Sounds like you had a great time in Bali mate. When we got our visa to live in Australia, I showed the wife Bali, which I said this would be our new Canary Islands holiday place, which looked far superior, with it's amazing beaches. Hopefully one day we will go, but it is unlikely now we aren't emigrating.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Aces wrote:Sounds like you had a great time in Bali mate. When we got our visa to live in Australia, I showed the wife Bali, which I said this would be our new Canary Islands holiday place, which looked far superior, with it's amazing beaches. Hopefully one day we will go, but it is unlikely now we aren't emigrating.
It was better than i expected as it was not a place i really wanted to travel to, there were plenty of UK citizens there (although alot did come from Western Australia or Little Britain as we call it :lol: ) as well as other countries like Netherlands, South Africa, Italy, Middle East, New Zealand, France and China. The airfare (for us) was the most expensive part of the trip as most things on the island are cheap (food, accomm etc) so if you did feel like a trip out that way i can say..............do it!, even if your flying from the UK.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

NottinghamWhite wrote:Just 24 more new members & we hit 3000. Let's hope they are Leeds fans & not kitchen fitters :twisted:
Now just 16 to go :thumbup:
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Mr R a great read that :thumbup: Just 8 to go till we hit 3000 members.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Just got back from hospital where I had a camera whizzing around my innards. Fortunately, it wasn't a box Brownie! :D

(For younger posters, a box Brownie was the cheap camera for the masses, about 8 inches by 10 inches.)
I once played against Don Revie.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

johnh wrote:Just got back from hospital where I had a camera whizzing around my innards. Fortunately, it wasn't a box Brownie! :D

(For younger posters, a box Brownie was the cheap camera for the masses, about 8 inches by 10 inches.)
I felt a bit unwell today too, but it was just the box of brownies I had at break rumbling around my tummy.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders