The Johnson
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by The Johnson »

Following @LUFC today:

Deleted User 1022

Post by Deleted User 1022 »

Crikey, im flustered :D if someone had warned me what stress moving country could do id have said no :lol:
3 weeks time im leaving Ireland for the sunny shores of the Philippines to join up with my wife and kids who went ahead of me due to me getting a DVT last year (blood clot) for those that dont know, im nervous about it i dont mind saying because its not all sun, sand sea and *** its earthquakes, tropical storms, volcanoes and other worldly insects and critters (including the mrs) :D it is a big move but one i have been looking forward to doing for so long and lots of preparing has gone into it over the past year or more. Setting up a small business when i get there I'm also undertaking so that also adds to the excitement and stress levels equally, but i am a bit of a calculated risk taker so hopefully things will go well. My thing is if you don't take the risks in life you'll never learn nothing about yourself.

Boxes of stuff all sent off and it finally hit after they went this morning, so close now. Missed my wife and kids so much while they were there waiting for me to join them. I have been there many times before so i have a good idea of the culture shock, the language also. And where i don't i have my wife and kids to guide me.

Glad i have this forum to keep in touch. No matter how far away in miles my first love is always close to my thinking and heart, Leeds United.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

CorkWhite. All the best mate, hope everything works out for you. At least you won't have to worry about the gas and electric bills! Keep posting and let us know how you get on. :thumbup:
I once played against Don Revie.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Good stuff CW, Davy will want exact location so he can stick his pin in :) Exciting times & a new user name on here no doubt. I along with others will be interested to know how you get on.

Phil
Winner of the Europa League
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

On a separate issue a few months ago as I was with the wife we were in Tesco's & I had my Nottingham Whites top on & a young man gave me the Leeds salute. About a week later I saw the same man & had a chat with him & I noticed that he only had the one leg, he told me he's passionate about the club but has a young family & can't go at the moment due to financial issues. Was in the shop yesterday & I said at least the Birmingham game was on TV so he should be alright watching it. His answer was he wouldn't as he's in Poland that weekend playing football for the England Amputees side in a tournament. Turns out he's the regular number 9 in the side & you could see from his reaction & passion how proud he is to represent his country. I feel really proud to know him.
Winner of the Europa League
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

CorkWhite wrote:Crikey, im flustered :D if someone had warned me what stress moving country could do id have said no :lol:
3 weeks time im leaving Ireland for the sunny shores of the Philippines to join up with my wife and kids who went ahead of me due to me getting a DVT last year (blood clot) for those that dont know, im nervous about it i dont mind saying because its not all sun, sand sea and *** its earthquakes, tropical storms, volcanoes and other worldly insects and critters (including the mrs) :D it is a big move but one i have been looking forward to doing for so long and lots of preparing has gone into it over the past year or more. Setting up a small business when i get there I'm also undertaking so that also adds to the excitement and stress levels equally, but i am a bit of a calculated risk taker so hopefully things will go well. My thing is if you don't take the risks in life you'll never learn nothing about yourself.

Boxes of stuff all sent off and it finally hit after they went this morning, so close now. Missed my wife and kids so much while they were there waiting for me to join them. I have been there many times before so i have a good idea of the culture shock, the language also. And where i don't i have my wife and kids to guide me.

Glad i have this forum to keep in touch. No matter how far away in miles my first love is always close to my thinking and heart, Leeds United.
Wow! I hope it all works out for you....sounds as if you know it will as you have got it all planned. Look forward to reading about your adventures over there. Gook luck!
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Blimey CW, don't do things by half do you :D.

As others have said, all the best with everything and please keep posting. Good to have a level headed poster round here, every now and again :thumbup:.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
birkybullufc
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by birkybullufc »

Good luck CW with your move. Sounds like exciting times. Hope all goes well. :thumbup:
Follow the cause not the leaders.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Wow CW, that sure is a big life change, good luck hope everything works out for you.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Good luck mate, remember your only a keyboard away. As MW said let us know where exactly you are and I'll pin you.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders